oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro

In previous seasons we have always fielded a strong side in this competition but do you want Southgate to do ths tomorrow night or give some of the reserves a run out?

Forest have not had a great start to the season,they still look quite weak at the back plus they have sold 10 players and brought in 10 new faces so they seem to be taking time to gel.

I think we should bring in some of the reserves but still play Lita upfront with either Tuncay (use him while we have got him) or even Ali.

Ali and Emnes start and take emnes off for tunc' rest lita, i dont want to see our strongest team out there as our main priority's lie with the league this year and getting back where we belong. but id like to see a half decent side out there and i hope for another win.

never heard of that rule like, but if we play lita i hope he bags another goal or two, as we've got Bristol (A) next which can be a tough game. and i heard there striker (Maynard) is it? has hit a little bit of form, 3 goals in 4 games or something.

I`d like to see the following team:-

Starting 11

Steele;

Hoyte, Hines, Wheater, Bennett;

Ali, Arca, Walker, Yeats;

Lita, Franks.

Have included Bennett over Taylor as he has just signed a new contract today.

I might get slated for this comment but I'll add my opinion anyway. I think we should put out a second string side and rest our first team players. I think we'll all agree that the main aim this season is promotion and its a long old season in the championship with an extra 8 league games and due to the fact that our squad is a bit thinner this season it might not be the worst thing in the world to be put out. Therefore its a win win situation putting out our second string. If they win all well and good as we go through without having to risk injuries and tiredness of our first team players and if we go out it means we can focus solely on the league until the FA Cup starts for us in January. It also gives us a chance to blood some of our youngsters and give some of our back up players a game so that if one of our first teamers do get injured we're not throwing in our back up players without any competitive match practice. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a good cup run this season but I would rather see us have a good go at the FA Cup. The team I would put out tomorrow would be:

GK-Steele(By all reports he has the potential to go on to become a brilliant keeper and I think this could be a great chance to ease him into first team football)

DR-Hoyte

DC-Hines(If hes not injured) and Wheater(due to a lack of fit centre backs, make him captain)

DL-Andrew Taylor

MR-Aliadiere

MC-Josh Walker and Arca

ML-Bennett(Again, like Steele, his is a great chance to ease him into the first team and I think we should rest Johnson as he is vital to our promotion push so I wouldn't risk him getting injured)

FC-Franks(same as Bennett and Steele) and Lita(more match fitness and hopefully he'll bag a few to increase his confidence in front of goal)

I would mostly go with players who haven't played yet this season,

Steele

Hoyte

Hines

Weater

Taylor

Bennet

Arca

Walker??

Ali

Franks

Lita

The cup is the last thing on my mind this year.