oneBoro Forum

Bruno Pilatos - Profile

Bruno Pilatos

DOB - 30/3/93

Squad Number - 37

Debut -

pilatos.jpg

An England U17 European champion, Pilatos was born in Angola and moved to England in his youth. Spent most of his England U16 & U17 days playing right back, where as in the academy he has hardly played there until recently. Used more as a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder Pilatos has already played for the Reserves.

Personal thoughts

Bruno is the marmite of the MFC academy. Some people rant and rave about this kid coming through. Ive even spoke with people in football who said Bruno was the best talent in the country at U16 age. At no point has Pilatos been the best midfielder let alone the best player coming through for his age in this country. Obviously that's my opinion but i have reasons for what i type.

His second touch is usually a tackle, he has the concentration of a 5 year old and the positional skills of a man with a blindfold on running round chasing a non existent dodo.

Should he stay at right back, and learn to do the simple things first I think he would be a very good player. He has the athletic ability to coast through games. Just needs the technical ability to level out.

Harsh? Maybe.

Honest? Definitely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

2011/12 update

Bruno has played through pre season and started the reserve season at right back, and its been noticable the improvements that he has made.

As a right back he likes to get forward and involved in play and his athletic ability means he can get back quickly when needed.

Started the reserve friendly vs Leeds as one of the only non first team capped players.

Spoken about in very high regard from a former player who said 'in training he is a world beated, scoring volleys, skinning people, playing freely. But he cannot bring that ability onto a match field for some reason'

• 5 months later...

Having re read my origional post i thought i better do a proper update.

Been playing week in week out as a attacking right back and has settled into that role really well. the mistakes that seemed to be a major part of his game have gradually been worked out. (for example often he would go to trap the ball and totally miss it)

A great attacking option overlapping on the right and his pace means when he gets free no one is catching him.

Starting to improve positionally as well, no longer caught that far up field that the centre mid has to cover for him. He tracks back and seems a lot more aware of whats going on around him.

His improvement has been amazing, he seems to have mnatured into a footballer. :)

Powlay do not be too harsh on yourself. Bruno was known for being the best centre forward playing right back !

I've not seen him over the last couple of months so I hope that you are right. If so, he slots into Hoyte's position as right wing back where I've felt for some time he could excel. As Hoyte is likely to leave in the summer as his contracts up and he's on prem wages.

Bruno is waiting in the wings. I've wondered when he was likely to get a bit of game time in the first team if that is the "game plan".

He is clearly thought of highly by his peers which would back up the best player in his age group claims. I have seen young Rippers pointing out the error of his positional ways too.

A top notch prospect

not only did he play well last night but he has changed in as much as he is no longer the best thing boro have the under 18 team as a whole is very good he was a very greedy player once over now i see him as a team player,, is there better than him at boro ? yes in my opinion

Looks like his best position is going to be as a wing-back then? I know there's been a lot of hype surrounding him and I would have thought he would have slowly been introduced or at least traveled with the first team on some occasions now, especially given his age.. however you've pointed to the reasons as to why that hasn't been the case.

It's obvious that he still has some developing to do and I'm glad he's starting to mature into a proper player this season.

Hopefully he will mature into a real talent for us.