oneBoro Forum

Kyle Oliver - Profile

Kyle Oliver

DOB - 18/04/1992

Squad Number -

Debut -

olver.jpg

© Copyright Christopher L. Powlay - All rights reserved.

Kyle is a first year professional having finished his three year scholarship with the club. One of only two players from the 2008 class to still be at the club, the other being Paul Weldon.

Kyle is a versatile player who can play right back, centre back, defensive midfield or even as a left back if needed.

Captained the reserves during pre season, Oliver signed a 2 year pro deal towards the end of last season which will keep him at the club till 30th June 2013.

Personal thoughts

Comfy on the ball and good in the air Oliver is a good home grown defender who suffered an injury which kept him out for a while as a second year. Now playing regularly you can see the kid has talent. Hopefully the next step is a loan where he can gain first team experience.

It's a while since I first noticed Kyle. I think he was playing right midfield against Leeds Reserves. His first touch was spot on every time. From what I've seen it is as good as anyone in the lower sides.

He does a good job as a defender but appears less comfortable in midfield. He almost doesn't seem to understand that he is not defending.

Probably not really tall enough for first team central defence as he doesn't seem to have the spring healed leap of Matt Bates.

I guess he will be able to fill the Tony McMahon role but we'll have to leave it to Bruno to take over from Mr Hoyte. Initially, does not impress as he is not demonstrative but is quietly effective. I really do rate him as a defender