oneBoro Forum

Matthew Dolan - Profile

Matty Dolan

DOB – 11/02/1993

Squad Number -

Debut -

Dolan.jpg

© Copyright Christopher L. Powlay - All rights reserved.

Matthew is in his 3rd year as an Academy player, and in his 2nd year as a professional.

A left footer who has a large range of passes, including spreading play with huge crossfield passes. Physically big enough to not be outmuscled by older players.

Has played centre back, left back and more recently as a holding midfield player for the Academy and the reserves.

Personal thoughts

Hugely talented player who has suffered a little with growing based injuries. His range of passing makes him a great player to have at in front of the back four.

I'd never picked out Matt Dolan prior to the Hull Reserves game where I had a chance to repair that omission. I think that it had come from a comment that he'd be in the first team squad had it not been for injury and I'd been surprised that I'd not noticed.

I felt sorry for the lads at Hull. They were well beaten. However there were several of the lads in the Hull team with squad numbers. East the full back and Junior Bradley the giant centre back who scored of the goals are pushing for starts in the championship side, for example. Also there were two trialists in midfield one of whom was from Real Madrid.

However Matt held his own, just about, in a midfield that was over run and managed to get some passes out to get the rest of the side moving. Definitely a man to watch maybe a bit overshadowed by the "terrible twins" Edwards and Fowler who always seem to catch the eye.

I'd like to see him against a less strong side where he's have to fight a bit less and has a chance to get his head up and start plays going forward