oneBoro Forum

Jordan Jones - Profile

Jordan Jones

DOB – 24/10/1994

Squad Number -

Debut -

Jones.jpg

© Copyright Christopher L. Powlay - All rights reserved.

Jordan Jones is a first year Academy Scholar. He recently also received his first call up to the Northern Ireland U19 team, earning 2 caps in back to back games vs Switzerland.

A midfielder who can beat a man through skill and trickery rather than sheer pace.

Physically not dominating but wont let himself be out muscled, often riding tackles and holding onto the ball when it seems possession is lost.

Personal thoughts

Reminds me of a young James Gray, wide player who can play inside and beat a man with a little lollypop. (and regardless of him saying its not true and remove the opinion i wont! UL Jord!)

I remember Dave Allan (Formerly of MFC) name dropping him as an U16 and rightly so, huge talent that hopefully is nurtured in the right way to become a future first teamer.

• 1 month later...

Jordan Jones

DOB – 24/10/1994

Squad Number -

Debut -

Jones.jpg

Jordan Jones is a first year Academy Scholar. He recently also received his first call up to the Northern Ireland U19 team, earning 2 caps in back to back games vs Switzerland.

A midfielder who can beat a man through skill and trickery rather than sheer pace.

Physically not dominating but wont let himself be out muscled, often riding tackles and holding onto the ball when it seems possession is lost.

Personal thoughts

Reminds me of a young James Gray, wide player who can play inside and beat a man with a little lollypop. (and regardless of him saying its not true and remove the opinion i wont! UL Jord!)

I remember Dave Allan (Formerly of MFC) name dropping him as an U16 and rightly so, huge talent that hopefully is nurtured in the right way to become a future first teamer.

ive seen him play in a lot of matches now and think he is very skillful on the ball .

i believe he is highly rated by the academy?

in my opinion he should be tried more on the wing .with his pace and skill

and the ability to beat a man with ease (watch this space as i think thats were he will end up?)good luck to the lad

Problem is that we dont play at that level with traditional wingers, we dont get a lot of crosses in and we play a short central passing game.

He would no doubt be a fine winger (seen him play as a winger for the U16s) but i think the way the U18s play he is beneficial in the middle of the park

is this a recent change in the way we've been playing (snice Tony maybe?) I'd have thought with the past results on winger development we'd still be trying to produce them, or am I over simplifying the process?

Problem is that we dont play at that level with traditional wingers, we dont get a lot of crosses in and we play a short central passing game.

He would no doubt be a fine winger (seen him play as a winger for the U16s) but i think the way the U18s play he is beneficial in the middle of the park

i understand what your saying,i mean later on in his career.

at the moment it may suit him ,but when watching football on tv when do you ever see a midfielder run with the ball as much as he does,hardly ever.

would you think that garrity the big forward would benefit from us using wingers?

anyway my thoughts on adam garrity is that he should be tryed at the back,his size would surely intimidate forwards.( dont think he will make it as a forward? although do feel a bit sorry for the lad because when ive seen him play he,s always up on his own and not getting enough service.

what do you think?

Bit harsh comment on Adam Garrity considering he's only played a handful of games and surly can't be so naive to judge him on that many games he will make a forward and prove you wrong trust me I know

Bit harsh comment on Adam Garrity considering he's only played a handful of games and surly can't be so naive to judge him on that many games he will make a forward and prove you wrong trust me I know

sorry if ive upset you but was not what i intended?

adam just isnt getting the run of the ball at the moment.

the system boro are playing means adam is not getting the service he needs (from the wings).

its my opinion that he would be suited at the back.

that does not mean im downing the lad.

some people say he s a squad filler ? ,i say give him a chance.

That's the beauty of football every one has there own view of different players I am not upset mate just stating he needs time and for him being a squad player well like I said each to there own view who am I to disagree but watch he will prove them wrong

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I've mentioned in a past thread before about the clubs youngsters drinking culture etc.

Disgraceful, I don't want anyone on this forum to defend him because if that was Barton we'd all be screaming for him to be locked up.

He needs to have a look at himself and sort his act out, the absolute chump. Oh no someone said something mean to me, mate you're a professional footballer you're gonna get it every Saturday on the terraces, just laugh at him and remind him that you're earning a wedge doing something you love. Absolute chump, I hope the club throw the book at him.

I've mentioned in a past thread before about the clubs youngsters drinking culture etc.

Disgraceful, I don't want anyone on this forum to defend him because if that was Barton we'd all be screaming for him to be locked up.

He needs to have a look at himself and sort his act out, the absolute chump. Oh no someone said something mean to me, mate you're a professional footballer you're gonna get it every Saturday on the terraces, just laugh at him and remind him that you're earning a wedge doing something you love. Absolute chump, I hope the club throw the book at him.

Agree completely BDS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How has he been doing since his well publicised problems off the field earlier in the season?. He's starting to get towards the age where youngsters can start to get loans lower down the leagues to get experience. Will next season be too early for him do you think Powlay?.

He's been playing U21s all season, Shaun Wilsons the man to ask in regard to him he has watched most if not all the U21 games.

But from what i have seen of him he offers something a lot of players dont have and thats the ability to beat a man, he needs to be more consistent though