oneBoro Forum

Swansea City v Boro

Middlesbrough FC face a trip to Swansea City in their first Championship away fixture.

Tuncay Sanli played and scored for Turkey in the midweek international fixtures and is likely to start.

Danny Coyne will make his 2nd league start as Brad Jones has an ankle problem.

Gareth Southgate is set to name the same back 4 that started against Sheffield United.

Gary O'Neil is available for selection and is likely to partner Rhys Williams in the centre of midfield with Mark Yeates and Adam Johnson starting on the wings.

Afonso Alves is unlikely to make the squad, but Leroy Lita, Marvin Emnes and Jeremie Aliadiere are all fit.

Didier Digard, Matthew Bates, Emanuel Pogatetz and Chris Riggott are all out with longer term injuries.

Possible starting 11;

Coyne;

McMahon, Huth, Wheater, Grounds;

Yeates, O'Neil, Williams, Johnson;

Tuncay, Lita.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Would really like to see Tuncay playing in an attacking midfield role and once again Yeats and Johno wide players,leaving Lita up there on his tod.

I think Lita changes the complexion of that front line and with Tuncay too - lets just hope they can work well together for now.

I want to see Tuncay play tomorrow but then what does the club do if he plays a blinder and we gain a convincing win?

Does Gibson use his charm and wit to convince Tuncay he should stay and play for us in the CCC at the same time telling Laary the Lamb that we can afford his wages.

I suppose it depends on how the search for a striker is going. If no offers come in and he is playing well and firing us up the league it might be that we cannot afford to let him go with Gate's track record you cannot garuntee a replacement will get the goals. I guess I'm just being idealistic because I think Tuncay is the dogs danglys.

Captain...The kid from Gillingham that we have been linked to looks good but unproven at this level.I would love it if Tuncay stayed but I feel its more the club pushing him out than him saying he wants out due to the financial implications.

Yep are radio Tees doing live matches this season home and away or are they only doing home or as Gibbo said no to them what is the situation there.

Does anyone know.?

Lets hope we continue our unbeaten start to the season.

Come On Boro.

By the way anyone know how to put your signature on these posts.?

I have looked on my profile and don't seem to see it.

Perhaps its to early in the morning.

Totally agree with Oneboro's line-up although I'd be tempted to play Hoyte instead of McMahon. Thought McMahon looked dodgy against Sheff Utd and gave the ball away too many times. Hoyte would offer us much more going forward too. Totally agree that both Tuncay and Lita must start if we are to get any goals. Reallly hope Tuncay stays past August 31st!

I was close with the team. Seems like Tuncay will not start, lets hope he is in the squad.

Starting 11;

Coyne;

McMahon, Wheater, Huth, Grounds;

Yeates, Williams, Oneil, Johnson;

Lita, Emnes.

Totally agree with Oneboro's line-up although I'd be tempted to play Hoyte instead of McMahon. Thought McMahon looked dodgy against Sheff Utd and gave the ball away too many times. Hoyte would offer us much more going forward too. Totally agree that both Tuncay and Lita must start if we are to get any goals. Reallly hope Tuncay stays past August 31st!

Really feel Hoyte could be used in midfield while we are short,he's a ball winner and he struck up a decent partnership last year with the forwards and was unlucky on a few occasions not to get on the score sheet.

Just an opinion.