Boro vs Reading (A) 0-2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Think you have done a terrific job AR great opening post and I suspect you could be right with creating a new record with the number of posts.

Just for the sheer hell and irony of things Boro will probably win this game huh!!!!

If we win this game I won't be bemoaning the points we dropped in the previous game, but celebrating the points we've accumulated in the last 6. We made a brave effort to recover a stuttering season, but in the end came up short. Nothing wrong with that.

I have a funny feeling this one will fizzle out into a draw, possibly 1-1, but more likely 0-0.

We'll be determined to keep a clean sheet, plus being way from home and counter-attacking will probably suit us better. Reading will hopefully be frustrated by our defence and resort to direct / long-ball stuff we can defend easily (plus they've got the pressure of getting back into the top 6).

My Prediction: Reading 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Well done, AnglianRed! Love the red-top format. :)

You're also right on track to beat the record for lowest number of posts. Great stuff! :D

I'm predicting a win for Boro with Albert Adomah scoring the only goal of the match, but then I always predict that.

Looking forward to this game. Should be back to our usual 4-2-3-1. With maybe L Williams starting on the left. It's interesting to see how we bounce back against a team that has something to play for

I would like to see: Dimi, Atkinson, Omeruo, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Morris, Adomah, Tomlin, L.Williams, Graham.

It would make a lot of sense to see Atkinson in a first team environment as going into the summer our RB spot is wide open with Varga likely to go back in the summer. Morris too in order to give him a taste of see if he's ready yet to be a squad player ready to be called upon like Gibson started this season as. There would be 4 youth academy players(5 inc the elder Graham) in that team still with a strong squad put out that should(?) be able to compete. I can't see Karanka putting both Atkinson and Morris into the same team though.

Can't see why not Atkinson after all makes more sense than putting Ledesma in the backline. It'll be nice to see Omeruo, Gibson back there, they have to be the youngest central defenders playing regular and keeping clean sheets in the championship. Really doing a great job between them.

Would love to see Varga stay on think he's become a very good player at RB.

The quicker we get rid of Graham and get in a decent striker the better. I know AK has to play him because there is no bugger else and because of the wedge he is earning but boy has he failed the Boro once again imo. I've never known a player go MIA so easily.

Looking at a Reading win today(oops tomorrow night). :-) So that means Boro have a chance of getting at least a point because I am never right predicting our results.:D

Lets give one or two of the younger lads a chance-lets perpare for next season now!

Agree with this, nothing to be gained from playing players who aren't going to play a part next season.

I'd like to see Adam Reach make an appearance, even if it is from the bench

Edit: actually never mind, I know his loan deal ends today, but will he be making an appearance for Bradford tonight?

Ok I know that Reading still have problems with injuries and suspensions I believe but with all this talk about giving fringe/untested players a run out for the game are we not in a way doing a disservice to all the other teams close to Reading by possibly giving Reading an advantage.

Whilst we have regular first team available are we not duty bound to field the best team possible and deal with this game as any other in trying to either win or not lose the match?

Just a thought because I would feel mildly miffed if the boot was on the other foot