oneBoro Forum

Highlight of the season?

Is their any?

I suppose we have had some good results along the way, we seem to have brought in a good manager, Gibsons performances have been a highlight for me too

That win away at Burnley was probably my highlight of the season though, we were brilliant in that game plus the atmosphere was fantastic

Birmingham at home for me.

Great atmosphere, side went down to 9 men and we still managed to grab a 3rd goal.

Plus Butterfield's and Birmingham's goals were both brilliant strikes.

Birmingham at home for me.

Great atmosphere, side went down to 9 men and we still managed to grab a 3rd goal.

Plus Butterfield's and Birmingham's goals were both brilliant strikes.

Same for me, really enjoyed the game, delighted with the result and saw a couple of fantastic goals.

When Tomlin socred, that was probably the loadest the riverside has been for a while.

I suppose like Humpty you can say the highlight is when it finally ends but giving a more serious answer I would say either the win against Reading or perhaps Charlton in a way. The win against Reading as we played well enough, beat a decent side and made it three wins in a row with a lot of optimism around. The win against Charlton made it five wins out of six and we were right in the mix in terms of likely play-off challengers. At that point we had it in our hands to make a real go of it. Sadly we then couldn't buy a goal let alone a win and that was pretty much the end of that.

For me the highlight was when i got a job and found out i would be working Saturdays

:D haha

I suppose we did have a brief good spell where we looked like we might get in the playoffs around christmas but in typical boro fashion that was gone right away

A few:

*Karanka's first game v Bolton. The tension was immense when Leadbitter was running up to take his penalty.

*Beating Burnley on boxing day

*That Millwall win on Sky Sport just a few days before Christmas lifted a terrible feeling that felt like we could well be relegated, which made Christmas bearable.

*Ben Gibson breaking into the first team.

*Beating Birmingham in a crazy game.

*Another out of the ordinary moment that stands out was against Huddersfield at home when the two men walked around the ground with a banner for Frankie Bam Bam where you could feel the togetherness of the crowd all standing up giving a rapturous applause for him, especially in the backdrop of the feeling that Mowbray was teetering on the edge of the sack.

*Given's last minute save v Charlton where it was rightly celebrated like a goal.