oneBoro Forum

Boro V Villareal (Friendly)

No doubt that this could be one of the most anticipated friendly game seen at The Riverside for quite some time with so much to discuss and debate before the game kicks off.

Also my last chance to do a m/d thread before the real business kicks off with Cornishboro's Birmingham thread to come, but pleased that my roll has continued during the pre season friendlies.

Just who will AK play against our illustrious oppenants and do we have a realistic chance of beating them giving an indication of what we could see from Boro during the coming season.

This could be a terrific game and I hope that plenty of fans turn up to cheer the boys on

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to this game, really looking forward to it. Hope to see the new signings in action: Kike, Husband, Nsue and hopefully Omeruo. It would be nice if there's other signings before then. Would like to see Butterfield play in that deeper role as he's apparently been impressive this summer, he could possibly start there against Brum

It should be fairly close to the start 11 against brum...

thomas

Atkinson woodgate omereuo friend

leadbitter butterfield

adomah Tomlin reach

kike

Don't think Woodgate will be starting against Brum. It'll be Ayala or Gibson. Woodgate has hardly played in pre season

Butterfields attitude and work ethic may have saved us the money on Clayton to sign another indiVidual.

Fair play to JB aswell - I really rate him and rather than have a strop, he has put the graft in.

Definately think we will see husband start over Atkinson if a RB hasn't been brought in. Good to hear that butters has really put himself forward.

Meijas/Dimi

Atkinson Omeruo Gibson Friend

Leadbitter Butterfield

Adomah Tomlin Reach

Kike

Our strongest line up? I expect a lot of outgoings before Saturday and a few more incomings, Nsue won't be eligible will he because he hasn't officially signed yet? I'm so excited!! I'm wondering wether Karanka will stick to 4-2-3-1 or change to 4-4-2.

I'm going to this aswell, though it will be like watching it in a mirror as I normally sit in the East Stand, not sure what the gate will be, but still looking forward to it

Meijas/Dimi

Atkinson Omeruo Gibson Friend

Leadbitter Butterfield

Adomah Tomlin Reach

Kike

Our strongest line up? I expect a lot of outgoings before Saturday and a few more incomings, Nsue won't be eligible will he because he hasn't officially signed yet? I'm so excited!! I'm wondering wether Karanka will stick to 4-2-3-1 or change to 4-4-2.

I think we'll probably start with this team (possibly the new foreign right back instead of Atkinson) against Birmingham and slowly bed in some of the other new signings that come. We won't know what's our best 11 until at least mid September

I'm assuming the team AK will play will all be about match fitness and making sure the core group of players who he wants to play against Brum. get a run out. Unless there is a huge influx of additions between now and then, which is what we may have been led to believe, maybe only one or two could be in contention for a start. The rest, IE the Chelsea lot, not including Ken will probably be getting used to the squad setup, much like Ken and Chalobah did last season. Hopefully more exciting news to follow by this time next week.

-------------------Meijas-------------------

----------Omeruo Gibson Ayala-------------

Nsue----------------------------------Friend

-------------------Leadbitter-----------------

Adomah------------Tomlin----------Carayol

----------------------Kike--------------------

-------------------Meijas-------------------

----------Omeruo Gibson Ayala-------------

Nsue----------------------------------Friend

-------------------Leadbitter-----------------

Adomah------------Tomlin----------Carayol

----------------------Kike--------------------

There's no way they'll play this formation. They'd get ripped to shreds in Midfield. Carayol is injured so expect to see another centre mid instead of Muzzy. Can't envisage this formation for the first game anyway so.