oneBoro Forum

Enjoyment/Excitement level, Prem v Champ

Hi Guys, I would like your opinions on what your enjoyment/Excitement level is/would be regarding..........

Championship at the moment....We are currently in the top 6 of the championship and two points of the top and I for one am loving the season so far as it looks like we have a strong enough squad to be at least in the top 6 at the end of the season, Its exciting going in to every game knowing we have a chance to win the game, Obviously some games we are going to under perform but in the main we have a brilliant chance to take point/s from games.

With a genuine chance of promotion that just heightens the excitement levels and gives the fans and town a buzz.

Premier League.....Hopefully we get promotion and make no mistake I absolutely want us too just as much as any other Boro fan, But the point I want to make is if we are struggling in the Premier League from the start and all season it looks likely we would get relegated how much Enjoyment/ Excitement would you genuinely get from week to week like we do now challenging to get promotion.

I think there is a genuine debate to be had and its not just yer we are glad just to be in the Premier League even though we get beat most games and probably will get relegated.

I want to reiterate I absolutely want us to get promotion and take our chances in the Premier League, I think Karanka would keep us up.

UTB. :D

I loved the Premiership years! The stadium was fuller, less midweek games, the football was better, the quality of players on show was indisputably higher (Gerrard, Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes etc. as well as the players we had too) and regularly turning over a top team was just a fantastic feeling.

Not sure we'll ever get back to the level we were back then due to our comparitive finances these days and FFP but that's another story.

interesting topic and certainly one that i have had my own conversations on with my mates .

on face value ..personally i would prefer to see my team going into most matches with a good reason to hope or expect a win (championship) than going into many games as underdogs and with a good chance that we may go possibly weeks on end without a win (premier)

but you know what ive been in deep thought and tbh the premier league is fast becoming an elitist mini league at the top 5/6 level these teams are opening a massive gap bit by bit due to finances/backing/success/media hype.

we all know who they are so wont name names . anyway getting more to the relative point ...push those 5 or 6 sides out of the equation and there really isnt a great deal of reson to fear the rest of the sides in the top level infact whod have imagined 15 years or so ago that leeds,wolves derby forest boro ipswich norwich to mane some of the top of my head would be playing regularly a league below swansea, stoke hull palce southampton sunderland and west brom

so id snap the hand of promotion off anyone offering it . its not as scary as it may seem ,

interesting topic and certainly one that i have had my own conversations on with my mates .

on face value ..personally i would prefer to see my team going into most matches with a good reason to hope or expect a win (championship) than going into many games as underdogs and with a good chance that we may go possibly weeks on end without a win (premier)

but you know what ive been in deep thought and tbh the premier league is fast becoming an elitist mini league at the top 5/6 level these teams are opening a massive gap bit by bit due to finances/backing/success/media hype.

we all know who they are so wont name names . anyway getting more to the relative point ...push those 5 or 6 sides out of the equation and there really isnt a great deal of reson to fear the rest of the sides in the top level infact whod have imagined 15 years or so ago that leeds,wolves derby forest boro ipswich norwich to mane some of the top of my head would be playing regularly a league below swansea, stoke hull palce southampton sunderland and west brom

so id snap the hand of promotion off anyone offering it . its not as scary as it may seem ,

I agree with what you say, I actually think the Premier League is way overrated and there is quite a few poor teams in there who I would fancy us to finish above with our current squad but until we get there its up to debate as to how we would do.

Like I said earlier I think Karanka would keep us up.

i think the main issue is how to learn quickly to adapt There has to be some level of positive spending but within reason Burnley and QPR probably ideally highlight the do,s and donts at both extremes .

i believe we have a very good infastructure within the club with our Chairman and management set up that will cope both sensibly and adventurously when needed if we do get promoted .

youve got to want promotion at the end of the day but yep i definately enjoy being a major player in this league more than an also ran at best in the top echelon .

I despise this league.

The quality of the football. The lack of media coverage. The fan apathy. The atmosphere. No sporting glory within reach etc etc.

The premier league has, for at least the last 15 years, been uncompetitive in terms of winning the league. Football clubs exist to succeed and we're not chasing success we might as well give up.

The sooner we get out of this wretched league the better.

Like the championship, anyone can beat anyone plus we will win roughly half of our games this season. Some cracking away days too and we rarely have to pay over the odds. However the majority of the teams play awful football, fully expect Rotherham to kick us off the field tomorrow and hoof it at every opportunity as most teams do to us.

If we got promoted the riverside would see much higher crowds and we would get to see quality players at boro and playing for the opposition. However we will pay a fortune everywhere we go and win very little of our games, It gives us the chance to progress into a better team, would suck to watch us struggling to finish 17th year on year, if we were doing that id rather stay in this league

I think 99% of boro fans would say the prem. However, there are several things I really enjoy about the championship, firstly going into every game expecting a result and knowing full well your squad is just as hood as anyone's your going to meet this season, the pace of the games is always high, mistakes get made which keeps it interesting, you play a wide variety of teams which is fantastic for away fans, basically play 2 games a week, the fans who go to the games are generally real good football fans, games are cheaper (generally speaking)

Don't get me wrong there are some major negatives (reffing standards being up there) but always look on the bright side.

Anything to get off the brutal Football League Show. I would always say the prem despite the likelihood we would be at the lower reaches of it. However look what Karanka is doing with a small amount of money. Imagine what he could do with a significantly higher budget as well as using his contacts. The premier league would appeal more to some of those targets.