oneBoro Forum

Centre Back Crisis?

We could well be down to one experienced CB in Ayala now as Gibson hobbled off today:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/11607615._/

With Kenneth out for a while, Woody perma sicknote, Williams not fit yet... Who would you have partner Ayala?

Friend? and put husband LB

Recall Burgess?

The untried spurs kid can play there also I believe

Another Youth kid?

Ask uncle Jose?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spurs kid is a natural CB who can play CM as far as I'm aware, he's probably our best option considering he's played a handful of senior games at Spurs. It's gotta be him, what's the point of bringing him in if we aren't happy to play him?

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is an injury crisis. Omeruo didn't play for Nigeria as a pre-caution and Gibson's injury could just be a minor one, there has been no mention of it being a suspected long term injury.

The worst case scenario as things appear in the short-term is that we will have to play Ayala and Veljkovic at CB on Saturday, with Friend capable of playing there if needs must, and put Husband in at LB. Omeruo could well be back for then though, the biggest problem could be the disruption from being away on international duty, more so than his injury pre-caution.

Also, we've sold Burgess so we can't recall him.

ITS SEB HINES TIME!!!!

Omeruo could be back on saturday according to the gazette, they have a game on wednesday so he wont get back till thursday night at the earliest probably so he might not be considered anyway. That lad from Spurs is a possibility, think he can play CB too.

Is the loan market still open?

Does it really matter? If the defence leaks 1 goal Leadbitter will score 2. If they leak 2 goals Leabitter will score 3 goals and so on.

On topic; We loaned the SPurs kid to help us out in emergencies like this, and if Ayala is the only fit CB on Saturday I guess Veljkovic will be called upon. I don't think Ayala is going o stick Friend in the center. LB is his best position and with Vejkovic here to step in at CB I see no reason for switching Friend to a position he rarely plays.

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring, we'll play Ayala along side Veljkovic, AK will have the best part of a week to prepare him, he's a natural CB and has played in the premier league, so he should be more than good enough.

AK isn't one of those square peggin' men.

Thought the same AR we should at least see Woody on the bench this Saturday and if not due to the possible circumstances then maybe we will not see him again in a Boro shirt?

just a sideline thought DS ... IF we dont see woody in first team action again due to his ongoing injury problems , do you think he warrants a testimonial .

absolutely NOT a dig at him cos i rated him very highly and have repect for the lad .... just based on how many games /years service a testimonial is based upon.

Was thinking the same thing LM, hope he does, he has been at the club for a very long time despite not playing many games. Can see him being involved on the coaching staff at some point. Would love to see him play again this season as he is quality but sadly I cant see it

Thought the same AR we should at least see Woody on the bench this Saturday and if not due to the possible circumstances then maybe we will not see him again in a Boro shirt?

just a sideline thought DS ... IF we dont see woody in first team action again due to his ongoing injury problems , do you think he warrants a testimonial .

absolutely NOT a dig at him cos i rated him very highly and have repect for the lad .... just based on how many games /years service a testimonial is based upon.

A very good question indeed.

From my own point of view, and I do hope that we do get to see him play at some point, the idea of a testimonial to the man himself is questionable and there would have to be clarification as to what actually warrants such a privilege.

What I would not be adverse to would be some sort of arranged charity game with the proceeds going to a worthy cause close to Woodgates heart, though how much interest it would attract is uncertain.

Good question LM

Could AK get Real madrid to come to the riverside and play us for his testimonial? long shot but it would be good

Who was the last player to get a testimonial? cant ever remember seeing one