FA Cup 5th Round

Emirates Stadium

15th February 2015

16:00

Live on BT Sport

[align=center]fa-cup.jpg

[/align]

Is it someone elses turn yet?!!

Welcome all to the 7th edition of the Cornish Match Thread, where we visit the cashcow that is the Emirates stadium to play ***nal in the 5th Round of the FA Cup.

After going top last night and knocking out City in the previous round we will be going full of confidence and I am sure I speak for all of us when I hope we go out and give a good performance against a slightly shaky ***nal team of late.

Recent Form

Won't bother you with last 6 as normal, as this is the cup and anything can happen.  ***nal have lost the Nawf Landan derby and were second best against Leicester despite winning by a narrow margin. 

We have won 6 on the bounce (hence my 7th match thread!) and head into this tie full of confidence and rested after a large number of changes against Blackpool allowed the likes of Leadboots, BamBam, Tomlin and Friend to have a breather.  It will be nice to play on the "carpet" that is the Emirates after the monstrosity we witnessed at Blackpool (I still think action should be taken by the football league about that - abysmal...) that should allow us to play our normal style of football.

View from the other side

[align=left]http://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28851

[/align]

Talking Points

Ayala is supposed to miss this one due to the injury at Minefield Road.  How big a blow is this for us against the likes of Giroud?

How will Karanka line us up.  ***nal are much quicker in the final third than City but could be vulnerable at the back - especially with them being at home.  How will we line up to nullify their attacking threat but also be dangerous on the counter?  I think that Vossen has to start ahead of Kike for this purely for his workrate - although that is unfair after Kike's midweek heroics.

Who is genuinely interested in this one - now that we have hit the summit of the championship?

Who has got tickets for this one and is making their way down (or up)?

Does anyone beleive we can go and win this one aswell and see me back for Birmingham?!

Over to you lovers...

Drekley...

Cornish

:heart:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

The only thing stopping us being a very good formidable side at any level, is our lack of decisesiveness and composure in front of goal. AK to his credit has fashioned a resolute and almost impregnable defensive unit. I believe that its only a matter of time before our very good but individually talented strikers develop into an effective goal scoring unit. Playing with understanding selflessness and to each others strengths will hopefully result in a win or draw at ***nal. But regardless of this result we can go on to walk the Championship. 2-1 Boro Bamford and Kike

Mejias will certainly start, he started against City so no reason to think he won't here. I think it'll be -

-------------Mejias---------------

Kalas--Gibson-Omerou-Friend

-------Leadbitter-Clayton-------

Bamford---Tomlin---Adomah

-------------Vossen--------------

Fredericks--Gibson-Kalas-Friend

-------Leadbitter---Clayton-------

Bamford----Tomlin----Adomah

Nsue, Omeruo, Dimi and Kike will all play at Brum.

Fredericks--Gibson-Kalas-Friend

-------Leadbitter---Clayton-------

Bamford----Tomlin----Adomah

Nsue, Omeruo, Dimi and Kike will all play at Brum.

Really don't like adomah being on the left, he rarely offers anything there in my view. Think Reach's work rate will earn him a place there instead of adomah

no idea of formation/selection, what I do know is this is an easy boro win :)

beating an out of sorts city and getting the draw at anfield after falling behind twice were great results for us. beating the ***nal away in the cup would be frickin brilliant. with the players we have that would be some achievement.

looking back at most games on our winning run the wingers have been out of sorts. reach has struggled to get as much game time and adomah is great but pants at the same time. bambam leaves the fullback looking exposed, i dont think its good for the overall team balance when he plays wide. we really need everyone to play great in games like these. got to take our chances. i doubt we'll get several good ones like the second half at city.

i'd say we need to defend really well and stay organised and compact but thats a given in every game now :) feels good knowing a boro team can defend again.

With the FA Cup I feel that sometimes lady luck has to be on your side to a degree in order to progress and hey the draw gods do not favour Boro at all.

Would have been happier with the home draw against ***nal and yes we did beat Man City away I believe that our time in the competition will end on Sunday.

I certainly think we will give them a great game and it is good for the lads to play the bigger teams in their own patch so it will be no disgrace to lose out especially when recent performances have not been fantastic.

Hope I am wrong of course and that CBB continues his run but it will be a shame for him that his run could be ending

I'm going to go with

Mejias

Fredricks

Gibson

Kalas

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Adomah

Tomlin

Bamford

Vossen

Think we should give them a good game.. Predicting 1-1 with Bamford scoring a late equaliser after Walcott gives them a 1st half lead

Well well well what a time to be a Boro fan right now! Confidence is so high in the Boro camp and a***st the spectators that there is no reason why we can't go to ***nal and get a result. Fully expect us to give ***nal a good game and I'd love it if we beat them, love it, just so we can put Piers Morgan in his place :P