oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds (H) 0-1

Middlesbrough_crest.png    VS  170x210http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Leeds_United_Logo.png[/img]

Venue - The Riverside Stadium, 12:15 KO

23,000 sold. Cue "You only came to see the Leeds".

Following on from Wednesday's disagreeable draw with the Brummies, Boro finally return back home to the majesty of the Riverside stadium following a spell of consecutive away games. The reverse fixture at Bellend Road resulted in a 1-0 win for Leeds thanks in part to a dire refereeing decision and also in part to Tomas Mejias having never had a dad around to play catch with him. Billy Sharp scored the only goal of a scrappy, lacklustre game and allowed Leeds fans to continue deluding themselves into believing that their team is anything but ***, but I'm not salty, nope, not me. And I certainly don't have a friend who is a Leeds fan who continually rubs it in my face as if they just beat Real Madrid 237654643564387 - 0 in the Champions League final.

Since then the fortunes of both our teams have changed somewhat! Boro have ascended to the top of the table like a soaring eagle with a jetpack, and Dimi has been the father figure Tomas always craved, having played catch with him several times and resulting in a few good goalkeeping displays from the Spaniard. Leeds on the other hand completely slumped and got ever closer to the relegation zone ( :D ) however their decent form of late has resulted in them managing to scrape their way into a midtable slot (which conveniently is where they deserve to be from now until Ken Bates decides he wants them again and proceeds to drag them down to all new lows, putting the club into liquidation and leaving me a very happy man :) [by the way did I mention I am not in any way salty about the manner in which Leeds beat us?]).

Leeds have a very good record at the Riverside and we only recently broke our 'hoodoo' against them at home where Ishmael Miller (yes 'Donkey' from Shrek himself) whipped a cross in for Patrick Bamf- I mean Curtis Main to head home. Quite a bit has changed since then. 

Last season's fixture at home was a dour affair in our goal drought period. Lee Tomlin made his debut and Kei Kamara came back from an injury but a dull 0-0 bore draw was the final, deserved result. 

This season's Boro however look nothing like last season's. I have a feeling we'll bounce back from the draw at Birmingham, in which we looked the better team when down to 10 men, and absolutely stuff Leeds. We owe someone a stuffing and I hope we put 6 or 7 past the miserable Yorkshiremen (I'm still not in any way bitter about being mocked incessantly about a scrappy undeserved Leeds win at Bellend Road).

I'd expect/want the team to look something like the following:

------------------------Mejias-------------------------

Nsue--------Kalas---------------Omeruo----Friend

--------Leadbitter----------------Clayton-----------

Uncle Alb--------------------------------------Tomlin

-------------Bamford--------Vossen----------------

Mejias looked good against City and really did prevent things from getting embarrassing at ***nal. Against Brum he had little to do thanks to their shoot on sight policy in the second half, cue every shot soaring a million miles wide. He has to start surely?

I'd love to see Nsue at full back. He gets forward so much and is a more intelligent attacker than Fredericks. Him overlapping Albert would make us very dangerous down the right and give us more of an outlet, something I've noticed this season is we seem to attack far more from the left.

Omeruo was pretty damn decent against Birmingham, despite some nervy showings from him this season. He was right up against it dealing with Donaldson but did his job well. I'd give Ben a little rest until we discover whether or not he's a closet Derby fan. Seriously though, he's looking a bit shattered and without Ayala beside him doesn't look anywhere near as comfortable.

George  :heart: that is all.

Grant  :heart: that is all (he's mine Humpty, go away.)

Clayton looked like he needed a rest and I'd fully expect him to return in what will no doubt be a gritty match against the dirty Leeds.

Albert grafts and I'd love to see him linking up with Nsue on the right hand side. It'd be like playing 2 wingers. I feel for the full back who would have to put up with it. I really do. He'll be crying at home curled up in a ball in the shower trying desperately to feel clean after being so brutally violated.

Tomlin is on fire, long may it continue.

Vossen only got half a game against Brum, and I fully expect him to be raring to go in this match. He won't give that backline a moment's rest.

Paddy  :heart: that is all.

Boro 8-0 Leeds, Mejias first goalscorer courtesy of a deflection off Billy Sharp's smug little face. You heard it here first lads.

Delusional Views from that  part of Yorkshire:

'with a good striker we would have been in the top two' - hgatenasty, footymad board.

'With the player of the ilk of Bechio as was I would fancy to win somewhere approaching 12 out of 15.' - isrodger, lufctalk when asked about his expectations for the rest of the season.

'can't see you lot going up this season, there's at least 4 teams better than you in this league' - My "mate" over text. Please Lee Tomlin/Bamford/Vossen/anyone make him eat his own words on Saturday. I want us to obliterate them and push them back down to the relegation zone where they belong!

-By the way is it just me that thinks the old Leeds badge looks like a rolled up penis?

leeds10.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nasty Game for sure (our players will be targetted)

Leeds will be at us from the off and will play high tempo if they have done their homework. in fact so will every team from now to the end of the season (and we all know what that means AKA Ipswitch, Brentford) in fact the last few months we have gotten points more from luck than true merit. (we cannot keep living off gamblers luck)

High pressing football seems to be the blueprint (IMO) to beat us we just don't like it that we cannot seem to overcome this particular DRAGON, i see more draws from now to the end of the season as all teams should and will adopt this approach against us, resulting in more and more speculative long balls from defence to our HUGE FORWARDS and the inevitable resulting ball back into our box.

the 2nd of 6 consequetive draws i fear (hopefully no worse)

Please

No red cards 

No long Term Injuries

Badger in Asia

Given that we seem to be below par in the first half in every game we can expect Leeds to be looking for that first half goal. We simply need to wake up as soon as the ref blows his whistle and not rely on winning it in the second half. Definately room for improvement.

Leeds are one of the form teams in the division having won 4 of the last 5. Seems that since Redfern dropped the Italian lads that they've come together as a team.

The diamond formation they play in midfield can be their biggest strength against us. The anchorman will have the chance to nullify Tomlin or Vossen. Whilst the other three will limit the room for Lead bitter and Clayton.

On the flip side their should be plenty of room down the flanks for the fullbacks to get forward.

I think we'll see

Mejias

Fredericks Woodgate Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Bamford Tomlin Adomah

Vossen

We've not been playing well but managed to pick up points for what seems like weeks now. Unfortunately for Mejias I think our good run will come to an end this week, its just one hard match too many. Pains me to say it but think Leeds will win 1-2.

This is a MUST win game and to quote DS this is the most important game of the season so far...... The again when we play Leeds it always is for me. We aren't playing super well, Leeds have hit some form so it will not be an easy game, like it looked it would be a month ago. Our home for is good so i will go for a tight 2-1 win to the Boro. Keep the pressure on Bournemouth and Derby