Who do we want in the playoffs then?

Playoffs!!!!  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs!!!!

• Ipswich
    • Derby
    • Wolves
    • Brentford
    • No-one. We're gonna win 19-0 on Saturday.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're marginal favourites against any of them. Would like to avoid Derby though, as despite their poor form, they still score a lot of goals. And Ipswich too, given they have the league's top scorer, and a friend of mine supports them (not sure I want that additional tension). Would really fancy our chances against Wolves and especially Brentford. Not that we're likely to roll over either though.

They way the fixtures are lined up, I've got a sneaky feeling we'll end up with Brentford. Ipswich are all about their home form and I think Rhodes might have a say at Ewood Park.

Boro 2-1 Brighton.

Blackburn 2-1 Ipswich.

Brentford 2-0 Wigan.

Derby 3-1 Reading.

Norwich 3-1 Fulham.

Wolves 3-1 Millwall.

Watford 3-1 Wednesday.

Charlton 1-2 Bournemouth.

Watford 91

Bournemouth 90

--------------------

Boro 87

Norwich 86

Derby 80

Brentford 78 [+18, 77 goals]

--------------------

Ipswich 78 [+18, 71 goals]

Wolves 78 [+14]

I said from a while back Derby are the team i want to avoid. On paper they have some strikeforce and if Bent is fit he loves a goal against us. Plus they have world class talents like Hughes and fans that add points and goals to their team. Although the 2nd part is based on what Derby fans told me.

Lol!

I'm not bothered who we get, we'll have to beat 2 of them if we want to go up so bring it on! I said before that we will have a massive advantage with the second leg being at home. I'm confident we will do it.

I'd probably prefer to avoid Derby as at their best they're probably better than the other teams so have more potential to cause us problems than other teams. We have beat them hope and away though which much be a big psychological advantage for us. It's difficult to pick one team as one as the best to play though. Ipswich are solid but have less potential to pull out something spectacular in the play offs and I would fancy our chances in the second home leg to put a few goals past them. Brentford have far more vulnerability about them, and also Wolves but their counter attacking threat is a huge threat.

I hope Norwich can be knocked out in the semi-final as they are better than the other teams in the play offs.

Ipswich away has never been a happy hunting ground and if they do come to the Riverside and park the bus to hold onto a lead, we don't have a good track record of breaking teams down, so for me anyone but Ipswich

For me, Brentford would be ideal having done the double with a 5-0 aggregate this season. I too would like to avoid Ipswich, our record at Portman road isn't pretty, and there's something about Derby where we seem to have the edge. Having the second leg at the Riverside is a huge advantage as our home form has been outstanding. Already looking forward to the atmosphere, let's hope the crown can get behind the boys and send us to Wembley!!!