oneBoro Forum

2po5ano.jpg

Tuesday 15th December... Riverside stadium... 7.45pm KO

Bonjour!! I'd like to start by apologising for this rushed out version of the MDT. Unfortunately due to time constraints before the next game I haven't got the luxury of being able to take my time over this, but if I'm still around to author the next one There'll be a lot more work and detail going into it. Anyways - On with the show.

The Form.

Middlesbrough are coming off a disappointing goalless draw to Birmingham, in a game that was as dreadful as the weather for the brave fans who turned up. We were never in danger of conceding in the first half in my eyes, but we wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays either. Second half they hit us on the counter a few times but we had the big Greek in goal, and nothing gets through Dimi.

We have 4 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw in their last six league games, scoring 6 goals and conceding 3. Not a bad record at all and our defence have managed an impressive 5 clean sheets in that time.

Burnley are also coming into this game on the back of a goalless draw against QPR, in Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's first game in charge of the London outfit. Dyche said he was impressed with the way they played and thought they had the better chances towards the end, and since I haven't watched it I'll take his word for it. 

They have only one win in their last six (a 3-1 win over Fulham on November 3rd) and since then they have drew four and been beaten 2-0 at home by Preston in the game before last.

The Opposition.

Burnley currently sit comfortably 5th in the table, five points off seventh but also five points from second. They've scored 26 goals (the least in the top 6) and conceded 19 (second most in the top 6). 

Having limped out of the premier league last season, scoring a meagre 28 goals over the course of the entire season, you can be sure their aim is to bounce straight back to the promised land in time for the new TV deal.

Their manager, as I'm sure I don't need to remind you, is Sean Dyche, a man who does as little for the reputation of gingers everywhere as Mick Hucknall. Having spent the entire summer moaning about the money being spent by other promotion rivals (namely us) he then splashed out a club record fee on Brentford striker Andre Grey, believed to be close to be £9m including add ons. Gray has repaid him pretty well so far, leading the Championship scoring charts with 11 goals.

Other notable members of Burnley's squad include Joey Barton, George Boyd, and that absolute goal machine Lukas Jutkiewicz, who you might remember from his time with us. They also signed Jelle Vossen in the summer, but he quickly realised that Burnley is just a very poor imitation of Middlesbrough and shipped himself back to Belgium as fast as he could.

Probable Line Up.

Hard to tell which way Karanka is going to go with this one, with Nugent's red card coming at the death in the last game. The back seven pick themselves but I did wonder how he was going to re-jig the front four. I hope he picks Kike but in all honesty I think this is the team we'll see...

f4395l.png

The View From The Otherside.

Doesn't look like they had a proper MDT per-se, but I did find them discussing team selection for our game here: Burnley Fan Forum

Interesting Burnley Facts.

1. They are one of only 3 teams to have won all four divisional titles in England. (Can you name the other two?)
  2. Burnley's 30-match unbeaten run in 1921 stood as the longest stretch without defeat in league history until ***nal bettered it – managing a whole season without loss – in 2003-04.
  3. Only local rivals Preston have occupied the same ground for longer than Burnley, who moved into Turf Moor in 1883.

Other Noteworthy Fixtures.

QPR v Brighton

Derby v Bristol City

Fulham v Ipswich

Hull v Reading (Wednesday)

Talking Points.

1. Should Kike be given a chance up front with Nugent's red card?
  2. Scorecast predictions.
  3. Would you give De Pena more game time?
  4. If you could make one signing in January, who would you buy? (Please, be realistic)
  5. How is X Factor still a thing?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

although it would be nice to see stuani up front, that would mean two changes as to one if kike slots in instead. i think thats what AK will do.

normal back 6 with:-

------------kike

adomah downing stuani

even if we do play stuani up top it wont be with fabbrini left imo.

-----------stuani

downing fabbrini adomah

those are the most likely changes i reckon.

great OP btw, its just a shame our rivals never seem to have any decent forums to view. is it because we are a better supported club than most in this league? probably yes. i'd say we have 10's of thousands more stay aways than everyone but leeds and sheff wed in this league.

its just a shame our rivals never seem to have any decent forums to view.

I had a look for another one but that was literally the best I found! To be fair it seemed as though it was getting traffic but it was an absolute nightmare hunting through it, so unorganised and everything just shot in the same place

Great MDT Gravz

Burnley are a funny team. And should be doing better than they are. One thing for sure is that we will score against them or at least I'm confident we would if we would if we were going into the game full strength. The midfield battle is going to be key and I for one am looking forward to seeing the battle between Ads Clayton and Joey Barton.

I still have a soft spot for Kike so would like to see him start the question is, going on Saturdays performance did Adomah do enough to warrant keeping his place?

---------------Kike-------------

Stewy-----Fabrini--Stuani

This is what I think we'll see but wouldn't be to upset with what OMG said in the opening post.

Gotta get three points here tho

They aren't Will, but both are in our league.

Huddersfield have won them all except the third division.

Preston are one of the two, yes

Derby?

Afraid not :D

gotta be  Wolves,Blackburn or Sheff Wed   illl guess Wolves

They aren't Will, but both are in our league.

Huddersfield have won them all except the third division.

Preston are one of the two, yes

Derby?

Afraid not :D

gotta be  Wolves,Blackburn or Sheff Wed   illl guess Wolves

Wolves it is. They were actually the first ones to complete the challenge, upon winning the old Div 3 in '89

We simply have to win because I really don't want to do a M/D thread yet, particularly against Brighton it's too big a game :D

More thoughts on this game from me tomorrow. And on that bombshell

Goodnight *Plays Top Gear theme tune in head*

1.Should Kike be given a chance up front with Nugent's red card?

No. Stuani is the only other player in the squad who has all the qualities of a lone striker.

2.Scorecast predictions.

I watched the qpr burnley match highlights and stats and seen burnley only had 2 shots on target compared to our one lol so going to go a depressing 0-0, horrible negative thinking i know i can't help it lol.

3.Would you give De Pena more game time?

No, he's not ready and we can't afford to take a chance he will come good, we should bring reach back.

4.If you could make one signing in January, who would you buy? (Please, be realistic.) Michail Antonio.

5.How is X Factor still a thing?

F*ck knows it's sh*t.