• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think you've got the team blob on Badger, I'd go with that anyway, Rhides intelligent runs should create space for Nugent, I think they'll sit deep so we need to play with width ( not Peter) another win will really start to crank the pressure up on The rest

GERRRINNNN, still on a high after Friday's result and then the draw at the Amex on Saturday but back to business on Tuesday. What a bloody big week we have in store, IF we can pick up 9 points and give our GD a bit of polishing I will be absolutely over the moon but not taking anything for granted. I've learnt my lessons.

Would pick the same team as you other than i would stick with Ramirez get the points in the bag with your best team and only then should we think about "resting" players.

Expect Jordan Rhodes to go on a run now, the two goals in the last week will have done his confidence the world of good.

Birmingham vs Brighton, Burnley vs Cardiff and Derby vs Hull on the same night so very important we win our game.

3-1 Boro, Rhodes fgs.

Two goals in the last week? Another reference to a goal scored in a behind closed doors friendly. Lets hope he's on a streak for the remaining eight.

They all count. ;)

Local Hudders fan here, usually post when it gets round to the match against Hudders. Been waiting for someone to start a thread, but gotta disagree with the sit deep post. Clearly not seen Town under Wagner, and definitely wasn't at the away game. Not part of Wagners makeup whatsoever, and whilst we clearly need a few more points I cant see him adopting it on Tuesday.

No great faith we'll get a result, but you'll see some entertaining football, ask anyone who went to the away game. Rhodes generally scores against us, Wells is almost shot, simply through having to be the one and only striker, leading the line every single game. Ish Miller doesn't fit in to Wagners plans, wont be on the bench even and will be gone in the summer.

Husband of course won't play, but will be back with you soon anyway. Already signed a german left back, pre contract agreed from Kaiserslautern for the summer. He's been ok,(Husband) better than Davidson who'll probably play, but nowhere near the quality of Ben Chilwell who we had on loan from Leicester and simply could never afford even if they'd sell him. Rest of the team rotating under Wagner if fit, so expect any of Lolley, Scannell, Van la Parra or Bunn on the wings, possibly Lolley midfield. Whitehead as holding / defensive midfield with either Huws, Patterson, Matmour or Billing. Latter a real exciting prospect, but had a poor game for him on Sat. (see Billing goal against Forest). Wells will be on his own up top, and back four will probably be Smith, Hudson, Lynch and Davidson.

There are others possibly in contention, but the above are the most likely starting contenders.

Taken the evening off work, so I'll be there with my son, who's a Southend supporter, (accident of birth, and where I took him as a kid) but there won't be a large contingent from Hudders due to Boro's ludicrous pricing for under 18s. In a School holiday, loads of complaints on DATM that its the same price for a six year old as for a seventeen year old. Shame on Gibbo, and I know a number of your fans agree, so please don't slag me off too much for that. Son actually more of a Boro supporter than Town, but only from those exciting European matches you had a while back now. As Dad's paying, (he's 37!!) he's sitting with the Town fans with me.

Good luck after Tuesday, hope you make it this time, believe me Town fans know all about years of the play offs, even if it was from a division below. Took us about five attempts year on year in the play offs.

thanks for coming on and posting that rubicon, great read.

i don't think you'll come to sit deep either. its just an instinctive thought because everyone does sit deep and try and break.

we seem to have that bit between our teeth now, everyone is battling hard and fighting for every ball again. we seem really up for it, one big final push for the auto's. that karanka walkout seems to have shook the mediocrity out of the team. hoping or a win, we really need it.

No probs, we get some of your guys posting on DATM and they're generally pretty decent posts and knowledgeable, unlike the rubbish we get from teams like the massive sheff wed and our neighbours from the skip up the road. Im keeping the terminology for them "polite" as the language police rightly or wrongly are more strict on oneboro. Personally some on DATM make me cringe sometimes, not that I'm a prude, swear with the best of them, but kids do read these things, so will abide by your more sensible censors.

i often look at other forums, the so called bigger club forums are full of utter doyles who bring up the 70/80's hooligan garbage on almost every post another supporter visits.

this forum if by far the best one i've been on. the trolls and muppets don't last long, because they get no fun just warned and banned sharpish, they often never come back either.

i've always liked udders seen a nice family club and reminds me of us a little. always hope you do well. wagner looks like a good manager, if he gets the right players he's definitely the guy to kick you on a level.

how have you been playing lately? poor performances? or good but not getting results?

Mostly good, though at least half the team looked off on Saturday. Unlike under Powell and Robins who were dire, it's been a real pleasure to watch even when we lose most of the time. Fans were disappearing under Powell, only 8k season tickets sold this season, 15k already sold for next season. Sure the £179 any area has helped, but also there is a sense of optimism under Wagner. We need to stay up first though, tough games with you and Hull this week. You didn't help at Rotherham!!! but then nobody else has either, Warnock could have a lot to answer for.

In all honesty, if anyone went to the away game, we've mostly been playing like that. In other words we battered you for 75% of the game, not just possession, but attacking possession, but couldn't score for love or money. Wells does miss too many. And no I'm not boasting, even Karanka said the same after, but when alls said and done, it's goals that win matches, and Boro scored them. Most of your lads though left amazed how they'd won. (Season ticket under 8s at Town next season...£23)