oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Ipswich Town 0-0

Boro vs Ipswich Town

Date: Saturday 23 April

Venue: Riverside Stadium

Kick Off: 15:00

Three games left of this roller coaster of a season with each more important than the last. Before kick off, I would have settled for a draw as, most importantly, that would mean Burnley didn't win. However, after being in the lead and conceding a boro-esque late goal in a cruel twist of fate, the emotions immediately after the full time whistle were mostly downhearted. 

Having taken some time to reflect on the game and quashed the immediate emotions, Boro are in a good position. We are two points clear at the top of the table and 7 points from our remaining 3 games, of which two are at home, will ensure promotion. Everything is very much in our hands. Now is a time to be positive and time to get behind the team! 

Boro vs Ipswich:

What happened when we met previously this season? Boro broke a 22 year old hoodoo and won at Portman Road for the first time since March 1993: Ipswich Town 0-2 Boro

Boro are a team in form at the moment with 6 wins from 6 before being held at Burnley. Ipswich started the season fairly well but have since slightly dropped off the pace and find themselves in 8th place, 8 points off a playoff position. 

Recent Form:

Boro: WWWWD

Burnley 1-1 Middlesbrough

Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough 2-1 Reading

Middlesbrough 1-0 Preston

Middlesbrough 3-0 Huddersfield

Ipswich: DDLDD

Ipswich 1-1 Fulham

Sheff Wed 1-1 Ipswich

Ipswich 1-3 Brentford

Ipswich 0-0 Charlton

Wolves 0-0 Ipswich

What does AK think?

“I just want to thank the fans again and to transmit that I’m happy and proud of these players,” Karanka told the club’s website. “We are top of the table and we’re there because we have an amazing squad, amazing players and an amazing crowd so we should all be proud.

“At home we are really confident and have won the last three in the space of a week. Ipswich is going to be a difficult game so I’m asking for the supporters help – we’re going to need that at this stage of the season because every point is golden.”

Injury News:

The latest news as to the situation surrounding Friend and Ramirez, who both had to be taken off during the Burnley game, is that Friend has a hamstring injury and Ramirez has a problem with his calf.. However, AK has been known to keep his cards close to his chest so may try and keep things under wraps for as long as possible and the injuries may be played down or even exaggerated.

The latest update regarding Ipswich is that top scorer Daryl Murphy is out for the Boro game.

Boro Team Selection:

---------------- Dimi --------------

Nsue - Ayala - Gibson - De Laet

------ Clayton - Leadbetter ------

-- Stuani -- Downing -- Adomah --

--------------- Rhodes -------------

I don't think there will be much in the way of rotation. The time for resting players here and there is gone. Every game is a must win game.

- Stuani's 3 game suspension is, i believe, duly served and he will be again available for selection.

- The other option I can see would be Nsue moving up to RAM and Kalas coming in at RB.

- A long shot would be De Laet at RB and Husband at LB (with Nsue at RAM)

Onwards at Upwards #UTB

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I'm sure we can get the job done, minimal rotation needed. just stick Nugent on he's scored 14 in the last 15 against Ipswich. nailed on to score for us again. they have been terrible and their fans have had enough and loads of talk of how poor and one dimensional heir anti-football is.

Got to be a win. Absolutely has to be a win. Pretty confident that Burnley will win at Preston tomorrow and Brighton will absolutely 100% win at Charlton on Saturday.

Nugent's record againt Ipswich speaks for itself. It's one of those crazy things and I'm sure he'll be gagging for a start, one that I think Karanka may indeed give him despite Rhodes' goal at Burnley. From what the guys on here who were at the ground said, Rhodes was absolutely run into the ground by the final whistle. I wouldn't be disappointed with either though.

It's going to be tough to predict with the Friend and Ramirez injuries still being up in the air. As OP says though, keeping cards close to chest might stop us from knowing but hopefully keeps the opposition's noses out of it too.

As it stands, I think we have to assume we'll be without them so:

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson De Laet

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Downing Adomah

Nugent

Same as the reverse fixture, a 2-0 win with Stuani first goalscorer and Nugent with the second.

------ Clayton - Leadbitter ------

-- Adomah -- Nugent -- Downing --

--------------- Rhodes -------------

Strongest XI we have available. I actually think Gaston might make the bench, but I know AK fancies giving Rhodes and The Big Dog another go up front together, and he could do so here while also giving Ramirez a little extra recuperation time.

Nervy, nervy 1-0. Stewy Downing to deliver.

------ Clayton - Leadbitter ------

-- Adomah -- Nugent -- Downing --

--------------- Rhodes -------------

Strongest XI we have available. I actually think Gaston might make the bench, but I know AK fancies giving Rhodes and The Big Dog another go up front together, and he could do so here while also giving Ramirez a little extra recuperation time.

Nervy, nervy 1-0. Stewy Downing to deliver.

Nugent and Rhodes together? Tom it won't happen and you know it.

Stuani's back, so we have another player who can play as a striker on the bench. Lending more credence to my line-up.

Nuge has this tremendous scoring record against Ipswich, just having him on the pitch will create nervousness in the Ipswich defence, for that reason alone he should play plus he deserves a run out, tremendous attitute, really impressed with him.

Tom's team looks spot on to me.

Mick when asked about Nugent

“I’m ******* delighted for him,”

“Let’s hope they get promoted so he can p*** off out of my sight! That would be great, that.

“He’s a good player, he’s a top-class striker in this league.”

His record against Ipswich

nugent-scoring-graphic-against-ipswich-2.jpg

Nuge has this tremendous scoring record against Ipswich, just having him on the pitch will create nervousness in the Ipswich defence, for that reason alone he should play plus he deserves a run out, tremendous attitute, really impressed with him.

Tom's team looks spot on to me.

Are you watching?

Are you watching?

Are you watching, BWS!?