oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Arsenal (A) 0-0

Boro_forum_header_arsenal.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016_10_19_at_10_39_54.png

A rare photo of a Boro player taking a shot at goal

Introduction: A match that any team would love to have. An away game against the in-form team in the Premier League. It's Boro vs the Gunners.

Last Time Out: The last time Boro were away to ***nal was in the FA Cup 5th round last year, where a quick Giroud double was enough to dump Boro out of the competition. In that game, Boro had 6 shots and 1 on target. Let's see if we can improve on that...

Form: Boro are on a rotten run at the moment, with 1 point in the last 5 games, losing to half of London. ***nal are scoring for fun, with 6 wins in 6 and 16 goals in that time. You can feel the anxiety flow through me as I type the formalities of this match.

BORO LAST FIVE AWAY: D-W-D-L-D

***NAL LAST FIVE HOME: W-L-W-W-W

League games

Team News

For Boro, Chambers is ineligible to play, so Ayala will probably fill in the gap at the back. Leadbitter is returning to training from his injury but this game will be far too soon for him. ***nal will be without Xhaka after his red card in the Gunner's 3-2 win against Swansea. Carzola will be a concern as he came off during ***nal's 6-0 drubbing of Ludogorets and was seen with an ice pack on his achilles. 

Likely Line-Ups

Boro: Valdes; Barragan, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Forshaw, De Roon; Stuani, Downing, Fischer; Rhodes

***nal: Cech; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Cazorla, Coquelin; Walcott, Iwobi, Ozil; Sanchez

Some Stats: Between ***nal and Boro there have been 124 match ups, with ***nal taking 61 wins in that time, and Boro 31, with only 7 of them coming when playing in London. ***nal average 2.44 home goals against the Boro. A few players who have played both ends of the country for ***nal and Boro: Aliadiere, Hoyte, Parlour, Magic Man Merson.

This season, ***nal are joint in terms of wins (6), goals (19), and second to Spurs with clean sheets (3). 18 of their goals have been from inside the box, and they have completed a whopping 4,703 passes compared to Boro's 3,708. They really do try and pass it in. 

Boro are top of the tackles table, with 194, and will need to keep that form going up against Walcott, Ozil and Co. 

Juninho9 Prediction: All the MD threads I've done have resulted in draws. Would give an arm to have any attacking intent in the game, let alone manage to salvage a point or a clean sheet. But my head says 3-0 ***nal, if we're lucky.

Some questions:

Is it time for Dimi?

What needs to change in terms of attacking intent? Adama? 

What formation would you have?

What would be your ideal XI?

Is it time for Karanka to go?

Score and line-up predictions?

How will we stop the in-form players in Walcott and Ozil?

Will we ever get a penalty?!

What is the best pub to go to before the match?

My Answers:

I think he deserves a chance, but not against ***nal.

Adama needs to be given more game time, as does Rhodes.

4-4-f**king-2

Valdes; Barragan, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Adama, De Roon, Forshaw, Downing; Rhodes, Negredo

No

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it time for Dimi?

No. I think Guzan is second choice now. If Valdes is dropped, which I doubt he will be, Guzan comes in.

I think if we'd have been playing a mid/lower table side this week, Adama would have started. I don't see him starting against ***nal.

It is quite simply pointless having one man up front when you're spending most of the game defending. I would like to think Fischer will start to create that link with the front man, especially with Gaston on 4 yellows. 

------------------Valdes

-------Barragan--Ayala--Gibson-------

Nsue----------De Roon--------Fabio/Friend

----------Forshaw---Downing-----------

-------------------Fischer----------------

------------------Negredo

No, but he also needs to know that we can't tolerate these results much longer.

good honest appraisal ,Juninho.

1-  not saying Dimi is the answer but at least hes got some understanding with the defence  and ive lost faith with the other3 . if we could clone the best attributes of all 4 we might have a decent GK (Mejijas part in that clone being his age)

2. just to have some would be nice

3. in this game i wouldnt change it apart from sticking 5 in midfield , but id like us to go to 4321 which wouldnt be too much of a changeabout but move us further up .

4. ideal 11  ... Dimi

Chambers...Ayala..Gibson...Friend ...(or Fabio)

Clayton,,Forshaw..Downing

Adama....Fischer......(Stuani and Ramirez would suit these positions also)

Rhodes

5..not yet , but if he point blank refuses to change the system and results or insipid attacking intent continues  id change that answer  come mid december .

Is it time for Dimi?

Nope. Valdes hasn't made any drastic mistakes and I still think his long-range passing is quite impressive.

I don't think Adama's ready to play in the Premier League as a starter but then I also don't like that we're wasting Stuani on the right. So I would include Adama to see what he can do, prove the doubters wrong and give their defence something to think about.

Overall, I think we need to be more daring with our passing in the final third if we're going to test teams. If the system stays the same, the players have to be better.

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 where midfield and forwards are:

Forshaw De Roon Downing

Adama Negredo Fischer

Sticking with AK's system, my 'ideal' 11 out of our entire squad when fit:

Valdes

Barragan Ayala Gibson Friend

Leadbitter© Forshaw

Adama Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

No. I won't give him forever to fix it but he's not broken us yet. People moaning about how the system has always been crap needs to check our final position last year again. It might not be working right now but to say it's always been crap is ridiculous.

Why the emphasis on Valdes? Is he really to blame for our down turn over the last few weeks?

Dimi's fans are like dogs with two ***s at the minute.

Is it time for Karanka to go? WTF has that got to do with ***nal away?

I know people don't think Traore is ready for the league. But did anyone see how Monreal struggled against Barrow when they played Swansea. He couldn't deal with his pace and directness at all. It's definitely something worth thinking about and I think if we are likely to get beat I would like us to go down swinging for a change.

Why the emphasis on Valdes? Is he really to blame for our down turn over the last few weeks?

Dimi's fans are like dogs with two *** at the minute.

they are, and it's ***ing embarrassing

Over the past few years we've tended to play well against the biggest teams we are not expected to beat, man city, man u and the like, cup games yes and nothing much to lose. We could possibly managed a draw here, but anything less than a defeat is a bonus. No shame in losing to the gunners at the moment, and I won't judge the team on any defeat, unless its complete hammering and we show little or no effort. So on that note, lets do our best and move on

Dimi's fans are like dogs with two *** at the minute.

Is it time for Karanka to go? WTF has that got to do with ***nal away?

Just some points of discussion is all. I saw a lot of fans after the last game talking about Dimi/Valdes and there's been lots of talk on the odds of Karanka going. Just getting views on here was all, settle down. I never said Valdes was to blame for the downturn in our form.

I've added a couple of additional questions based on the game itself. Some predictions, how you think we should set up against an in-form ***nal etc

Is it time for Dimi? No.

What needs to change in terms of attacking intent? Adama? Move the ball more quickly. Be less predictable with our build up. Take risks. Get more men ahead of the ball an moving off the ball. Carry the ball at 'pace'.

What formation would you have? 5-3-2;

What would be your ideal XI? For AFC: Valdes; Barragan Espinosa Ayala Gibson Fabio; Forshaw De Roon Downing; Rhodes Stuani

Is it time for Karanka to go? Only if he proves that he cannot adapt and improve.

Is it time for Dimi?

No I don't see what Valdes has done wrong and should keep his place based on his distribution alone.

We need to get players closer to Negredo. Get more players in the box quicker. I'd like to see us let the defenders concentrate on defending. Friend bombing on beyond Downing

doesn't work it just make downing cover for him and takes a genuine attacking threat from crosses away from us. Barragan got forward well against Watford but his crosses rarely

beat the first man and he was caught out loads trying to catch success up after we lost the ball.

As much as I like Forshaw I'd like 2 defensive mids back in the side so we can get back to keeping clean sheets. This year they will be vital to staying up. More than playing

nice football. Leave that for subsequent seasons. Play narrower and be harder to beat.

With that solid base the front 4 whoever they be can be a bit braver and attack the opposition.

One that allows the above to happen.

For this game.

Valdes

Barragan Ayala Gibson Friend

De roon Clayton

Downing

Stuani Fischer

Negredo

Not a chance, who would we get?

I can't see anything other than an ***nal win here all I want to see is us have a go.

UTB

Not saying Valdes should be dropped for Dimi, but with regards to being a Dimi fan perhaps some of us remember the last 2 seasons, yes a few mistakes last season but some excellent saves as well.

If you weren't a Dimi fan what the hell were you doing, sat waiting for him to drop a blob every week to prove a point.

The ***nal game despite Forshaw not doing anything wrong I think Clayton will be back, would definitely give a fit Fabio a start but can't see it, Rhodes should be given a chance but despite being garbage on Sunday Negredo won't be dropped.

This will be a comfortable ***nal win, they'll dominate midfield and Walcott and Ozil are on fire, unfortunately 4-0 to the gooners anything other than that will be a surprise.

Is it time for Dimi?

No. See no reason to drop Valdes who might even get better as we go along

Play a narrower three behind Negredo or Rhodes. We only really have Downing as a threat from out wide.

4-2-3-1

----------------Valdes--------------

Barragan-Ayala-Gibson-Friend

-------De Roon--Forshaw--------

----Fischer-Ramirez-Downing--

--------------Negredo-------------

I'll have the three behind Negredo play narrow as earlier stated. That could also mean players closer to Negredo in the box. The three of them are all hard working so should offer plenty of movement. At least one of them needs to stay close to Negredo when we have possession.

No. Needs more time to show he can adapat to a stronger league

Score predictions? 3-0 ***nal

How will we stop the in-form players in Walcott and Ozil?

I don't think we can.

Will we ever get a penalty?!

Not if the players like Ramirez takes a dive every time he is touched. It was embarrasing to look at against Watford.

What is the best pub to go to before the match?

My house