oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bournemouth 2-0

vq31o3.png

Middlesbrough v Bournemouth

Saturday 29th October

Riverside Stadium!

Hola amigos! Hoped this wouldn't come around as fast as it did to be honest, but nethertheless here I am, with my first MDT of the season. Hope you're as excited as I am! Still, I'm feeling buoyed after last week so this thread should have an air of optimism about it. Here we go.....

Form:

***nal 0-0 Boro. A well deserved point away at the Emirates and a brilliant first start for Adama Traore. Barring a minor hiccup, Valdes started to show flashes of his Barcelona days and put in his best performance of the season. Gibbo was again a rock an must surely be in line for an England call up soon, perhaps next month. Our goalscoring form is a worry but maybe Traore is the wake up call we need.

Bournemouth 0-0 Tottenham. A point against Spurs is no bad thing. In what was a very 'lively' game, Bournemouth spent most of the second half battling in their own half, but Wilshere and Arter were really trying to push their team forward and they almost won it at the death. They put 6 past Hull the week before, but Howe said he was probably more proud of this result.

The Opposition:

Bournemouth are no strangers to Boro, we know what their game is about - Speed on the break. They showed they can play a more rugged game last week too. Currently sitting firmly in mid-table, they scored and conceded 12 goals so far.

Wilshere has been a great signing for them in my opinion, and Arter is always a danger. I will admit I've not watched a lot of them this season, so please feel free to enlighten me on their other danger men. 

The Line Up:

27ynbmf.png

I know, I know. Rhodes isn't starting. But with the form Negredo is in, surely it's time to give it a chance. Defence picks itself for me, and went for Forshaw and Clayton in centre midfield as I don't think De Roon will do well against a pacey line up and we can take advantage of a weaker side than last week by having a more forward thinking player in the centre. Traore has to be a starter this week after his impressive performance on Saturday. Opted for Fischer over Downing as I think Stewy's lack of pace may be an issue against this side.

Karanka-Vision:

[video=youtube]

Interesting Facts:

1. Eddie Howe started his career at the club and, after leaing for Pompey, the fans raised money online to get him back
  2. On April 2009, Bournemouth beat Grimsby 2-1 to preserve their status in the football league. Winning goalscorer Steve Fletcher now works at the club as a scout and has a stand named after him.
  3. 'Arry Redknapp managed them for 9 years, overseeing 464 games - The most he has managed for any team.

Today's Motivational Quote:

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The lineup is a difficult one for me, it depends if Karanka is going to go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation now we're back at home and playing Bournemouth, if so I'd go with the same lineup as above. But then Ramirez had his best game since Stoke playing on the left against ***nal so do you wanna change that and put him back in the centre?

Personally I think everybody did enough against ***nal to deserve to keep their place except Negredo, and I wouldn't be against sticking to the exact same lineup and formation but putting Rhodes in for Negredo. The 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 formation whichever way you look at it that we played on Saturday might not only work on the counter attack but it also could work better against teams we have to break down, it just relies on the extra midfielder or two getting forward and into the box more to help out with attacks, just as de Roon was doing on Saturday. It was refreshing to see more players getting into the box.

Surely their is an argument, for its not broke dont fix it for this game 4,3,3 worked superbly against ***nal and was our best game of this season. The other thing is the players seemed to fit the formation been played and it was something different that ***nal was not expecting, bet bournemouth wont know how to deal it either and more importantly we did not leek goals. Here is what id go with -

.................................Valdes...........................

Barragan.....Gibson......Ayala...........Friend

............Clayton...Foreshaw....De Roon.......

Traoré..................Rhodes..................fischer

Difficult one, can make a case for sticking to the same 11 from the ***nal game but minus the Gaston header, the chances we made were all on the break, completely different game at home which is why I think we will go back to 4-2-3-1

----------------------Valdes-----------------

Barragan----Ayala---Gibson---Friend

------------Clayton-------Forshaw--------

Traore-----------Gaston--------Downing

--------------------Rhodes---------------------

Would love to see that team but can guarantee Rhodes wont start, need to keep the same back 5, Barragan had his best game for us on Saturday, would be harsh to see him drop out, difficult one between Clayton and De Roon

1-0 Boro Downing

Valdes

Chambers

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Forshaw

Adama

Downing

Ramirez

Rhodes

I want to see Downing through the middle for this one, I liked the look of Ramirez and Adama wide on Saturday.

Our defence was great on Saturday but I want to see Chambers given a go at right back.

Think we'll win this one and get our season finally up and running. Looking forward to seeing what Red Faction have in store.

I would like to see same side line -up from the ***nal game except for Negredo who in my opinion is keeping he's place on his past reputation rather than form and I would replace him with Rhodes but there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see Stuani coming back In for Traore.

Bournemouth will come looking for no less than the 3 points and have hit a bit of form and in Eddie Howe have arguably the best young manager in the country, he'll have done his homework but I'll go for a hard fought 1-1.

Debated putting the same team as Saturday on but could see Karanka switching back as I'm sure he said ***nal away is nothing like Bournemouth at home. Would maybe try Gaston on the left and Fischer through the middle but I think we'll be back to 4231

Really see this one as a must win game. We've had a quarter of the season and quite a soft start in terms of fixtures and still find ourselves outside the bottom three on goal difference.

Last week was better and we need to carry some of that momentum into this week. I honestly think it will be the same old same old from us so I expect Bournemouth to get all three points.

I think when you look at the ***nal game, you could see there was a system in place that worked well to not only hold off the in form team of the division but to also look the most likely team to score. The critic in me says that system suits playing against ***nal but not Bournemouth. It will probably suit playing against other top teams, or even just away from home when all teams but the ones who came up with us would like to look at us as 3 points they should be getting.

There is part of me that thinks we should stick to our guns a little bit, though. Not exactly the same system but a variation of it that suits the mentality of playing at home against a team who we would expect to finish in the same half of the table as we inevitably will.

So I'd go with a more explicit 4-3-3:

Valdes

Barragan Ayala Gibson Friend

Clayton/Forshaw De Roon

Forshaw/Downing

Adama Rhodes Ramirez

I still think Downing can do a job in the side if we play this system but ideally he'd be central.

I would go with the same lineup as against ***nal. Even though we played away at a title contender we created more chances and had more bodies in and around the box when we attacked. Maybe go for Chambers at right back but I honestly don't know if he can play that effectively. I know he has previously and did a decent job when he switched to RB against Watford. Definately a better defender than Barragan.

I would go with the same lineup as against ***nal. Even though we played away at a title contender we created more chances and had more bodies in and around the box when we attacked. Maybe go for Chambers at right back but I honestly don't know if he can play that effectively. I know he has previously and did a decent job when he switched to RB against Watford. Definately a better defender than Barragan.

This is completely irrelevant to Saturdays game. The reason we had bodies in and around the box is because ***nal commit men forward and we caught them on the break getting in behind them. Bournemouth won't push as far forward or commit as many men as ***nal did.

I expect a return to 4231.