Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup) 3-2

The lads on MOTD seemed to think it was never a foul. Completely disagree with them. It made the difference between a clearance and a goal and he did clip him.
(19-02-2017, 11:42 AM)wilsoncgp Wrote: The lads on MOTD seemed to think it was never a foul. Completely disagree with them. It made the difference between a clearance and a goal and he did clip him.

I saw that too. They said it was a perfectly good goal and should've stood. They also thought it was the gentle hand in the back and Bernado went he down easy.
I disagree completely it was the (albeit accidental) clip on Bernardo's heels that sent him flying and therefore a foul. I just think they wanted to give Oxford something to cling to, which is a bit condescending as they played good football in parts and really made it a proper cup tie in their own right
Some Men Just want to watch the World Burn
(19-02-2017, 11:50 AM)UweFuchsHe Wrote:
(19-02-2017, 11:42 AM)wilsoncgp Wrote: The lads on MOTD seemed to think it was never a foul. Completely disagree with them. It made the difference between a clearance and a goal and he did clip him.

I saw that too. They said it was a perfectly good goal and should've stood. They also thought it was the gentle hand in the back and Bernado went he down easy.
I disagree completely it was the (albeit accidental) clip on Bernardo's heels that sent him flying and therefore a foul. I just think they wanted to give Oxford something to cling to, which is a bit condescending as they played good football in parts and really made it a proper cup tie in their own right

It's one of these times where they want the small team to win so the goal should have stood, the penalty was soft, they were incredible getting back into the game bla bla bla.

It's always the same, BT was even worse during the game, on their score show when we scored the winner it was like "oh no middlesbrough have scored again Sad"
(19-02-2017, 01:16 PM)Brunners Wrote:
(19-02-2017, 11:50 AM)UweFuchsHe Wrote:

It's one of these times where they want the small team to win so the goal should have stood, the penalty was soft, they were incredible getting back into the game bla bla bla.

It's always the same, BT was even worse during the game, on their score show when we scored the winner it was like "oh no middlesbrough have scored again Sad"

Tbf what's better for a neutral than a cup upset?

Having said that, MOTD playing down both of Joey Barton's incidents was disgusting.
Yeah Trevor Sinclair literally said 'Joeys a mate of mine' before going in to defend him. We want impartial views not pandering to your mates Trevor.
Think that says more about Sinclair's character than anything. Who would willingly have Joey Barton as a mate?
Ladies and Gents if you want my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.