oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

Welcome to the Man Bear Pig football thread!

[align=left]1432gdy.jpge81v1j.jpga3mpub.jpg2iw84l0.png

34ywu8w.jpg

[/align]

WatfordLDLWW[align=right][align=center]V.S

[/align]

Middlesbrough WLDDD

[/align]

[align=center]Location: Vicarage Road

Capacity: 17,477

Time: Saturday 15:00hrs

[/align]

Things you may not know…

• The moose on the Watford badge isn’t a moose! It is a Hart. The reason being is because Watford is located in HARTfordshire…

• Elton John is a famous fan of Watford, but did you know that in the ‘Step into Christmas video’ he holds up a supporter’s card for Watford?

24eb77n.jpg

• The only English pope, Adrian IV comes from Watford, 3rd December 1154. ‘Yo Adrian, he did it!’

b71920.jpg

Football Talk

It is well documented of late that Middlesbrough are struggling to score goals with the goalless drought hitting the 6 hour mark. What could you have done in that time I hear you ask? Well, you could have flow Egypt (5hrs 51), Cape Verde (5hrs 27) and Cyprus (5hrs) from Heathrow since Boro last netted a goal.

But while we have struggled to score goals, we have kept more clean sheets than a nunnery. Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has turned a porous defence into one of the most stubborn in the Championship.

2z519c1.png

In my opinion, even though goalless draws aren’t the most thrilling, the platform to build from these results for the next season are positive steps in the right direction.

But the question on everyone’s lips is will we score?

Watford on the other hand are in a good run of form also, coming off the back of a 2-2 draw with the league leaders Leicester and Tuesday nights win against Birmingham. They are a side similar to us, under performing but creaking towards a good team.

Points to Consider…

Will the Hornets (Mooses) adopt a 3-5-2 formation and expose their flanks to the pace of Carayol & Adomah?

Is Aitor Karanka stubborn in sticking with the 4-2-3-1 formation?

If there was one player from the Watford team you could chose to play for us and it meant our equivalent player going to them, who would it be? For example, Almunia replacing Given.

How many bicycles are there in Beijing?

If a pig loses its voice does it become disgruntled?

Why do croutons come in airtight packages? Its just stale bread to begin with.

and who is Osorio?!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's important we start turning our draws into wins otherwise we'll never catch up to the teams ahead of us. Going for a sneaky 1-0 win courtesy of a goal from Danny Graham against his former club where he made his name.

given

varga--woody--ayala--friend

------whitehead-leadbitter---

adomah---ledesma--carayol

-----------graham------------

hope we play ledesma behind the striker over leadbitter, graham was way too isolated on saturday playing that system. wouldnt be suprised to see the same team as sat though as were away. wouldnt mind seeing butterfield in that position too actually. sure he would offer more defensivly than ledesma

hopefully graham is fully fit, didnt look totally match fit on saturday to me

I think Ledesma needs a break, he's been very quite over the last couple of games compared to Carayol. I'd drop Leadbitter back into defensive mid alongside Chalobah. Play Kamara in the number 10 role behind Graham. Let's go for the win!

Too much cold weather here; too much snow. I hate winter. I've not commented in many days, but thought I'd throw in a question.

So, tell me why Kamara isn't playing more. Really would like to see him spark up the offense. Is he being held back by injury or by the emergence of other players? I think he's settled into life there and is happy. But, why isn't he getting playing time?

Too much cold weather here; too much snow. I hate winter. I've not commented in many days, but thought I'd throw in a question.

So, tell me why Kamara isn't playing more. Really would like to see him spark up the offense. Is he being held back by injury or by the emergence of other players? I think he's settled into life there and is happy. But, why isn't he getting playing time?

came of the bench a few times but he hasnt impressed me at all. looks a shadow of the player we had at the start of the season. cant see him getting much game time in the near future either as we have just signed a new striker on loan.

to be fair to him since he has came back the whole team hasnt been the greatest, hopefully as the team pick up form so will he

just taken this off fmttm;

Been told today that if the expected rain comes on Friday the Watford game will get called off

Apparently their pitch is a mess already and the rain will just swamp it.

Just giving people the heads up!