"Forever in our hearts" are the events of that day

"We all stand together" many other fans were heard to say

Is there more to life than this we should ask in a humble tone

Liverpool............"you will never walk alone"

Words and thoughts Alan Thomas Middlesbrough FC fan

Ok match details as follows

Saturday 12th April 2014 Kick off 3.07pm

Turf Moor Burnley.

Without doubt THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR...............if you are a Burnley fan:)

Yes Derby have to fail to win but beat The Boro and Burnley are promoted to the PL since goodness knows when???

Will they be rubbing their hand in delight knowing that we could very well have a defence that could be very light weight in terms of players caused by red cards and injuries?

Burnley have done remarkably well this season and have been real steady eddies all term and I can not begrudge them promotion because they do deserve it and I feel sure that the autospot is theirs for the taking.

But I am selfish in all things Boro and I would love to see us being party poopers for at least another game and to be honest I want us to continue our recent winning form as long as possible as I have happier weekends when we win.

Ok my current sequence of doing match day threads will come to an end at some point and the last time it did was the Bolton away game when they got their late equaliser after we had been 2 up so I am expecting the same to be honest.

We will be no push over for Burnley and I am sure SD knows that if they are to achieve win they will have to work for it.

So usual talking points.

Just who will be in defence?

Can we be spoilsports?

Will I get to do 5 games on the trot (not achieved at all this season)

Will this be a well posted thread?:D

"I thank you"

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to DS on getting to do 4 match threads on the bounce...would be nice if he could carry on to the end of the season. Great Hillsborough tribute too! Would give you another +1 for that, but you've already got so many... ;)

However, if you're a stat fan, the omens aren't good. Quite apart from Burnley's excellent form this season, historically they usually beat Boro at home. The hosts have lost just 4 times all season and once in their last 10 games. They also have a very healthy goal difference. I fear with a weakened defence, Boro's good run will come to an abrupt halt this weekend.

BurnleyvBoroStats_zpsd723ef8c.png

My Prediction: Burnley 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

Beautiful DS! :)

I reckon this could be closer than people might think. We're right up there with the form teams. Although granted, not doing quite as well as Burnley...

I'll go for a 1-1 draw with us going 1 up and Burnley equalising in the second half.