oneBoro Forum

Afternoon all.

Sorry its late. I was finishing off my original opening post only for my laptop to very conveniently introduce itself to the blue screen of death!!!

So having to resort to my phone I have posted this thread and if I can fix it I will edit my opening post but was cautious of the time.

So the last game of the season sees us take the 700 mile round trip to already relegated Yeovil town at an earlier 12:15 kick off.

As this is only one of 2 logistically practicable games I can go to I will be in attendance. Who else is making the arduous journey into deepest darkest for what should be an entertaining game.

Whilst we have nout to play for, Yeovil will want to get a result as their final game in the champo in front of their home crowd. Im predicting a few goals here (and Boro have a tendency of scoring lots of goals on the final game) and will plump for a thrilling 4-2 to the Boro.

Talking points:

Will Karanka field the same lineup as Barnsley. Tomlin is the one standout that should retain their place, but will Karanka field some youngsters to assess ahead of pre-season?

Who will we see play their last game in a Boro shirt?

Results/formation/squad as always please.

Hope to see a few of you there!

Dreckly...

Cornish :heart:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I was going.

Sadly, festival planning has proved to be more costly than first anticipated :(

Festival Planning is ALWAYS more costly than anticipated.

"hmm, how much alcohol am I going to need? £150 worth, that should cover a weekend, maybe, if I drink slowly."

RIP laptop. The blue screen of death executes yet another victim.

As for the match, finally we have the perfect opportunity to field a few youngsters, some fringe players, those out of contract and all our loan leavers who might be fighting for a return. But within reason, as a win would obviously be nice and finishing top half would be a good little morale boost.

Also, think I read that Whitehead is one yellow away (14 total so far) from a 3 match suspension going into next season, so I wouldn't use him. And regarding Leadbitter, Kamara and Friend, wouldn't risk agitating an injury if close to a return.

----------------- Dimi -----------------

- Varga - Omeruo - Hines - Gibson -

--------- Chalobah - Morris ---------

---- Adomah - Tomlin - Reach -----

--------------- Graham ---------------

Bench: Steele, Ayala, Gibson, Butterfield, Ledesma, L.Williams, Main.

Also wouldn't be against see Butterfield start in CM. Got a feeling we'll lose this one though.

Wish I was going.

"hmm, how much alcohol am I going to need? £150 worth, that should cover a weekend, maybe, if I drink slowly."

:D

2L bottles of Morgan Spiced and a crate of Old Speckled for £50. That should keep me going for 2 and a half days. Will resort to buying from the bar for the other 2 and a half :P

BIF and myself are attending this game setting off from Teesside at around 5 or 6 am and driving back up after the match. My car's not going to be a happy chappy :)

I reckon we'll still use our favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, although there could be a few young faces in the side instead. The following team is my guess:

-----------------Dimi-----------------

Varga----Gibson-------Ayala-----Friend

-------Leadbitter-----Morris-----------

Adomah--------Tomlin----------Reach-

---------------Graham----------------

I also think the bench will be predominantly young players also. I reckon we'll hand someone a debut, we often do on the last game of the season.

Going for a 3-0 boro win and a fantastic day out in Yeovil :)

Wish I was going.

2L bottles of Morgan Spiced and a crate of Old Speckled for £50. That should keep me going for 2 and a half days. Will resort to buying from the bar for the other 2 and a half :P

If this is one of those festivals where when watching the acts you can't take alcohol with you, I know a sneaky tip for smuggling it in!

If this is one of those festivals where when watching the acts you can't take alcohol with you, I know a sneaky tip for smuggling it in!

Can't take it in the arena with you, you have to buy it in there. Got a hipflask. :cool:

Anyways, enough derailment or the derailment police will be on us :P

4-1 win for us.

Wish I was going.

You may know already, but put your spirits in a plastic bottle.

What's your tip MMC?

One more derail then we're done!

1. Boil some water and put said boiling water in a bowl

2. Take a sealed plastic water bottle and put it cap down in the boiling water

3. Jam a knife between the cap and the bottle (making sure the seal stays intact.

4. Use the knife to pin the cap to the bottom of the bowl, pull and twist the bottle upwards to remove if from the softened, but still sealed cap then remove the cap from the boiling water and empty the bottle.

5. Fill the bottle with your favourite clear alcoholic beverage

6. Screw the sealed cap back onto the water bottle

Always works for me, they see the seal is intact and just let you through :)

Nice work!!

Could also do it with a bottle of coke and stick your rum/JD in...pre mixed!

So many possibilities :P

NB4 have the echo ever correctly predicted something :p?

1. Take a load of water bottles filled with genuine water.

2. Convert to Christianity.

3. Pray for Christ to show you a sign from Heaven.

4. Enjoy your wine.