oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn Rovers (A) 0-0

The fans came, the fans saw.

The fans wanted more.

Like any Hollywood success story, a sequel was inevitable.

The question now is, how will Aitor and his boys do in gloomy Lancashire, and what can they do with the support of...

mO4GynP.jpg

CAST

Aitor Karanka as The Manager

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos as Goalkeeper

Emilio Nsue as Right Back

Ben Gibson as Centre Back 1

Kenneth Omeruo as Centre Back 2

George Friend as Left Back

Adam Clayton as Central Midfielder

Grant Leadbitter as Captain

Albert Adomah as Right Midfielder

Jelle Vossen as Man in the Hole

Adam Reach as Left Midfielder

Patrick Bamford as The Striker

Mark Clattenburg as The Ghost of Christmas Past

SYNOPSIS

Just two days after the conclusion of 'Christmas with the Karankas', Aitor and his crack team are called into action yet again. This time, it's Blackburn Rovers who provide a threat to Aitor's plans for promotion to the Promised Land. This is an enemy that our hero knows all too well, after the previous meeting ended in disgrace and heartbreak for our lads. With the support of a travelling army, we go, once more, into the breach.... 

WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING

http://www.roverstalk.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=4496fc0ecfdb46c9f4541333d448eb66

RELEASE DATE  28th December 2014. 3pm

RUNNING TIME  95 minutes approx (with interval)

BOX OFFICE

Tickets for this one flew from the shelves, the promise of a big away day an enticing one. After the success last time out, it will be a very eager 7,000 that make their way to see this one.

CONTROVERSIES

- Will the big travelling army boost the boys?

- Who will start upfront?

- Have Tomlin and Adomah done enough to keep their places?

- Will there be any recasting of roles (or 'rotation')?

The floor is yours...

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

And... just because we were so over the moon with yesterday's game, my wife has only gone and made this one a double feature:

BbJ62EQ.jpg

i predict another win and clean sheet. 3-0 boro. attendance 20439. 7000 boro fans :D

i hope we dont play with tomlin at number 10. we must surely start with vossen behind kike/bamford.

out wide i'd expect reach to start and possibly adomah dropping to the bench for wildshutt maybe. 

albert has earned a rest, he has lost his attacking spark, although his workrate has remained excellent. it may be a sign he's jaded.

central midfield we might see whitehead come in, depends if leads or clayts are fully fit.

defence, if ayala is fit he will come back probably for omeruo, due to blackburns presence upfront.

i think the team wont need motivating for this one, we will be out for revenge if blackburn arent up for it we will steamroller them. 

my team:-

.................dimi

nsue....ayala/ken...gibbo....friend

.........clayton leadbitter

adomah/wildshutt..........reach

..................vossen

..............bamford

Away fans not included this time DK simply the match attendance only for the thread prize, which will be the last time this happens as I am not too sure if this is a popular feature of match day threads unless you guys indicate otherwise :-/

I can see a large amount of changes coming for this game, with karanka saying they were preparing for this game on Christmas day means, in my mind, that he's going to rotate the squad. I can see the following line up:

---------------------------Dimi---------------------

Nsue----- Gibson-------big ken------------Friend

---------Leadbitter, Clayton/Whitehead-----------

Wildschutt------------ Bamford---------- Reach

--------------------------Vossen-------------------

Whatever team we put out, we can cope and pull apart Blackburn in my view. :)

Firstly another big well done to Alfonso_Bonzo for a terrific opening post and with a bit of help from Mrs Bonzo, think your picture title is MAGNIFICENT and also the MIB version.

Big Mick stated before our game with Ipswich that this was the time when certain teams will start to pull away and that the top 6 for the rest of the season should become settled in terms of who will be there or thereabouts come end of season and with yesterdays results and the next game time for all of those around us I think he is spot on, so lets take a look and see what could unfold before the first league game in 2015.

Ipswich V Charlton (Tuesday)........on current form has to be a home win

Derby V Leeds (Tuesday)..........on current form has to be a home win

Millwall V Bournemouth......on current form just how many goals will Millwall concede against Bournemouth

Ok there are no guarantees with regards to results as I was reminded by Trapper and others yesterday but we must assume that the top 3 will win again as it is pertinent to the logic of my post.

So cold light of day and we could find ourselves 6points from 1st and 5 points from second and 3 points and with a better goal difference from third and there then is the beginning of the break away MM was indicating.

Other fixtures that are of interest to Boro will be

Cardiff V Watford

Reading V Norwich

Wolves V Brentford.

Certainly a slip up will allow others to close in on our points total and perhaps leave us feeling just a little bit flat, after a wonderful win against Forest.

So and as I am sure you get my point Boro have to "turn up" and deal with the game against Blackburn in a thoroughly professional and ruthless manner.

What has happened since we last met at that very controversial home fixture for Boro to both teams?

We have played 4, won 3 and lost 1

They have played 4, won 1 and lost 3 including a home defeat.

To me and for the reasons already stated has to be a "must win" and I believe we will go out and put things right that went wrong previously in front of an amazing away following, Blackburn are in a very indifferent period at this time whilst we all know that we DO have something to aim for and personally I want to match or better those above us in terms of results, we need to be in that front break away pack.

Which now brings me round to the obvious and I have no hesitation in saying that the game against Blackburn Rovers can have the title of "THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF 2014"

If we start with Vossen and get at them straight away then I believe our travelling fans are going to witness a fabulous game (ok we will see it hopefully via a link) and afterwards we will look forward to hopefully a brilliant 2015 and slightly relax before our next home game.

Boro to win by 2 clear goals (I did state by more than 2 clear goals against Forest)

Who's 'smoggiesontour' in the Blackburn forum? He appears to be an unnecessarily provocative bellend.

yes it was slightly embarrassing me as a boro fan reading through that thread.

My thoughts exactly when I read that and certainly his style is not one of our members.

Pity as it has distracted you both from saying "totally agree with your brilliant post DS" :D

Who's 'smoggiesontour' in the Blackburn forum? He appears to be an unnecessarily provocative bellend.

yes it was slightly embarrassing me as a boro fan reading through that thread.

My thoughts exactly when I read that and certainly his style is not one of our members.

Pity as it has distracted you both from saying "totally agree with your brilliant post DS" :D

I doubt its anyone on here, Its probably a kid giving the rest of us Boro fans a bad reputation.

It will be interesting to see how Gary Bowyer sets Blackburn up to play, as when we played them at ours they sat in their own half showing next to no intent to actually score, at least up until they conceded where they threw loads forward with very direct football which caused us loads of problems. We will probably struggle without Ayala marking Gestede.

The picture titles are great. Hopefully they help keep the wins coming.