oneBoro Forum

Boro v Ipswich 4-1

Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro v Ipswich.... Win, Lose or Draw?

Hi guys, just getting the thread up and running for this HUGE game with Ipswich on Saturday. Will work on the thread tonight, but wanted to put it up so you guys can talk about the game... sorry for the delay!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we do need a win. To retain our place at the top, but also to avoid the tetchiness apparent from forum members commenting on the Forest game. Its really intriguing how football experts can have such differing opinions about the same events and issues concerning one game. Perhaps some just think they are experts, while others are not quite as knowledgeable as they perhaps think they are.

I'm no expert but for what its worth. We will either win this game or loose it.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Kalas Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Vossen Reach/Carayol

Bamford

UTB

A honest question.. Answer honestly...

If we don't beat Ipswich do you think its PROBABLY playoffs at best?

I think it would be playoffs and just hope we are in good form going in to them.

If Ipswich win, i think auto's are gone barring the other teams dropping massively unexpected points of course, and i think we'll have to fight for a play-off spot, if we win were still in with a shout for auto's but i think the play-offs would be all but secure. All of this is assuming we win the games we expect and so do the other teams.

I think it would be playoffs and I just hope we are in good form going in to them.

I'd ask that question again this time in 2 weeks. After we've played that run of 3 games I think we will have a much better idea of whether top 2 is still a realistic option

I think it would be playoffs and I just hope we are in good form going in to them.

No too many teams have to play each other for one result to male or break any teams chances. Look at Derby there next three games are as bad as ours.

Honestly ... I think weve shot ourselves in the foot regarsding  top 2 with the 3 losses in the last 5   but somehow other results have conspired to  still leave us joint top  .  most of our remaining games could go any way and i include wigan ipswich and fulham in them . we need to be mentally right  game after game here on in  and i just think its too much of a big ask  , having said that im reasonably optomistic that due to the same  pressures on the others at the top , we will  infact  win possibly 2 of the tougher  away games . ive  pretty much accepted the play offs  tbh   but  regarding this game  imjust praying for a Derbyesque performance cos make no mistake Ipswich will  ask questions of us if we  dont  take the game by the scrufff of the neck   .  if we lose this it could be psychologically  tough on morale  going into the mext massive games  ,,,These next games really are make or break  for autos   imo  we need minimum 6 points from 9  to   keep in with a shout    But hey   lets not  sniff at being in the play offs   thats still a massive  achievement and   were well capable of winning in them 

No too many teams have to play each other for one result to male or break any teams chances. Look at Derby there next three games are as bad as ours.

Its not just one game though, It goes without saying or it should do... Bare in mind recent results, Current form and upcoming fixtures... So take all that in to account.

Honestly ... I think weve shot ourselves in the foot regarsding  top 2 with the 3 losses in the last 5   but somehow other results have conspired to  still leave us joint top  .  most of our remaining games could go any way and i include wigan ipswich and fulham in them . we need to be mentally right  game after game here on in  and i just think its too much of a big ask  , having said that im reasonably optomistic that due to the same  pressures on the others at the top , we will  infact  win possibly 2 of the tougher  away games . ive  pretty much accepted the play offs  tbh   but  regarding this game  imjust praying for a Derbyesque performance cos make no mistake Ipswich will  ask questions of us if we  dont  take the game by the scrufff of the neck   .  if we lose this it could be psychologically  tough on morale  going into the mext massive games  ,,,These next games really are make or break  for autos   imo  we need minimum 6 points from 9  to   keep in with a shout    But hey   lets not  sniff at being in the play offs   thats still a massive  achievement and   were well capable of winning in them 

Brilliant post..... But I dont fancy us in the playoffs simply because I dont trust the refs at all.

Its not just one game though, It goes without saying or it should do... Bare in mind recent results, Current form and upcoming fixtures... So take all that in to account.

form and upcoming fixtures...So take all that in to account.

that wasn't the question though it was

if we don't beat Ipswich

So do I think we will get autos no, but I've said that for months - well before this drop in form.

Will the Ipswich game decide our destiny no its only one game, the worse that happens is we are 3 points (1 game) away from automatic promotion. It'll be the same if we win.

There's a run of 4 games where a lot of teams play each other, whoever has the top two spots after that will be in pole position and hold the future in their own hands.

Also Naughtyboy we are not joint top we are 4th.

form and upcoming fixtures...So take all that in to account.

that wasn't the question though it was

if we don't beat Ipswich

So do I think we will get autos no, but I've said that for months - well before this drop in form.

Will the Ipswich game decide our destiny no its only one game, the worse that happens is we are 3 points (1 game) away from automatic promotion. It'll be the same if we win.

There's a run of 4 games where a lot of teams play each other, whoever has the top two spots after that will be in pole position and hold the future in their own hands.

Also Naughtyboy we are not joint top we are 4th.

I know I ask the question only regarding the Ipswich game but common sense should make you take previous and forthcoming fixtures in to account.. It really shouldn't need me to point that out for you.

I know we are 4th and it annoys me when people say we are joint top.. Some people like to delude themselfs in thinking we are joint top.. We are 4th and that`s a fact.