oneBoro Forum

Boro V AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-3

Saturday 21st March 2015

Dean Court, Bournemouth

Kick off 12.15pm  Live on Sky Sports

Due to a message from Pyro will continue authoring the M/D thread.

Well the day after when most of us had witnesses a nearly total eclipse of the sun will we be watching  a "total eclipse of the heart" when our beloved Boro take on probably the most entertaining and enduring stand out teams of this seasons Champions campaign?

Lets give respect and every decent acknowledgment to Eddie Howe's team to a Bournemouth team that in many eyes probably deserves promotion for all the time they have spent at the top or just a point or so away from the top.

A team like Boro who have had a wobble but have sorted themselves out by quickly getting back on form but have dropped recent points which has resulted in both Watford and Boro gaining advantage positional wise in the most topsy turvy and close fought latter part of the season Championship ever seen.

View from the opposite side and very different from the Derby form

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=68641&posts=26

Is this game "the most important game of the season"..............so far!!!  (No capital letters as I know Dunnerezzzzzz hates them)

We retain 2nd spot during the I/B should we not lose the game irrespective of other results and could go top if we win and Watford do not match our result.

This for me following the most important win of the season is TMIGOTS due to the week of destiny label we have had, and so far have come through with flying colours, and if we were to beat Bournemouth then a different and an expectant belief will follow after the break.

Will we be able to stifle their free flowing and clinical scoring? I believe so and this could be a very similar game to the Derby match.

Just glad we are where we are :D       

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game. As much as it pains me to say it I think Bournemouth do deserve to go up, but at this stage any thing can still happen. At the beginning of the week I thought 6 for 9 points would be a great return, so anything from this game would be great. A draw would actually suit us well to still be in the automatic spots into the ib. 3 points would be amazing.

In germs of the team to put out, I'm not sure how much the other two games will have taken out of the players but I'd probably start dimi kalas woodgate Gibson friend leadbitter foreshaw adomah vossen reach bamford. We should have fresh legs from omeruo, Tomlin, kike and maybe even Freddy and ayala to add to the mix if need be.

Saturday 21st March 2015

Dean Court, Bournemouth

Kick off 12.15pm  Live on Sky Sports

Due to a message from Pyro will continue authoring the M/D thread.

Well the day after when most of us had witnesses a nearly total eclipse of the sun will we be watching  a "total eclipse of the heart" when our beloved Boro take on probably the most entertaining and enduring stand out teams of this seasons Champions campaign?

Lets give respect and every decent acknowledgment to Eddie Howe's team to a Bournemouth team that in many eyes probably deserves promotion for all the time they have spent at the top or just a point or so away from the top.

A team like Boro who have had a wobble but have sorted themselves out by quickly getting back on form but have dropped recent points which has resulted in both Watford and Boro gaining advantage positional wise in the most topsy turvy and close fought latter part of the season Championship ever seen.

View from the opposite side and very different from the Derby form

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=68641&posts=26

Is this game "the most important game of the season"..............so far!!!  (No capital letters as I know Dunnerezzzzzz hates them)

We retain 2nd spot during the I/B should we not lose the game irrespective of other results and could go top if we win and Watford do not match our result.

This for me following the most important win of the season is TMIGOTS due to the week of destiny label we have had, and so far have come through with flying colours, and if we were to beat Bournemouth then a different and an expectant belief will follow after the break.

Will we be able to stifle their free flowing and clinical scoring? I believe so and this could be a very similar game to the Derby match.

Just glad we are where we are :D       

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Derby were without their two main strikers, Bournemouth are suffering no such problems.  But we have kept them at bay previously.

This will be a very hard match and then we have another tough match to come after the home match against Wigan.

Following Watford, we have tough matches in Wolves at home and Norwich away... The week of destiny might have produced three difficult games right next to each other, but we still have plenty of hard games to come.

But one game at a time, I will be delighted with a point from the Bouremouth match.

I know a couple of Bournemouth fans at work and they would be delighted with a point from this. I hope for the TV it is not a repeat of last year, however i would snap your hand off now for a point.

I would start Woody again, the IB will give Ayala another 2 weeks to get fit / or 2 weeks for Woody to recover. The 2 lads i know worry about their CB pairing (as do most of their forum by the looks). Bamford is on fire so leave him be where he is and let him terrorise them.

I am really looking forward to this, well done to all those travelling at death o'clock on Saturday, a nice gentle 10ish set off for me

Bugger it... I want all 3! If we show up and they show up then we are going to be in for a cracking game that we can certainly win lose or draw on equal measures. Really feel this game could go to either team. But, with a little bit of belief and lady luck, I'm hoping we snatch it :)

This is going to be a very tough game, Bournemouth are the best footballing team in the championship imo and attack in numbers at speed.. If Ayala isn't fit I would move Kalas to CB, Horses for courses and all that.

If we win this game it puts us 5 points ahead of 3rd position team and we would have a stranglehold on the automatic positions.

1 point would be brilliant but 3 would cap off an amazing week.

UTB.

I wasn't confident about Derby but for some reason I am about this one, even though on paper its a tougher ask than Derby away.

They attack better than anyone in the league, we defend better than anyone else in the league. Not saying we should sit back because we'd get mullered. It's going to be a cracker that's a fact. So to that end..

Lose...... Not the end of the world

Draw..... Absolutely brilliant result over the moon

Clean sheet.... Will be ecstatic and will set us up better for the final run in

Win...... I will need the international break more than the team will and will turn up somewhere two weeks later with a hangover that would kill a rhino and probably a new tattoo of Gorgeous George riding naked on a rampant lion on my chest. :D

The teams that deserve to go up are the two teams that finish in the top two. This is football not Jane Eyre. Bournemouth are free scoring but how often do they come up against a defence as solid and resolute as ours? We will win this one by two goals.

As i mentioned in a previous thread, cardiff would get something from them, denting their confidence in the process ;) i would like to see a five nil win for us lifting out gd above theirs and keeping us up there for the IB :)

Unfortunately ill be missing this game at the pub as im in the middle of a string of night shifts and will be sleeping all day :( come 5pm ill be straight on here to see how the game got on though! Cmon! UTB!!!

Keep Ritchie and Arter quiet and we have a much better chance of containing them I think. Watching them against Fulham a lot of play seemed to be dictated by those two and are both very very good players. However, both are due their first international callups after this game so im praying that they have one eye on that. Highly doubt it though.

On a seperate note, this was the one game that I was hoping to get to, due to geographical position this is the most feasible game to watch, and was really hoping to take my boy up for his first ever boro game. Gutted it's a sellout. So if anyone knows of any tickets going spare could you please let me know?

Think this is going to be like Brentford away all over again. They'll torment us in the 1st half but we'll take the lead against the run of play and go home with the 3 points :D