oneBoro Forum

UEFA YOUTH LEAGUE (U19s) Boro in Europe!

In the UEFA Youth League Middlesbrough have been drawn away then home to Stade de Reims.

If they progress in the Second round they will play home and away against the winners of Senica vs Torino

• 5 weeks later...

yes, the first leg ended 5-3.

went 1-0, 2-0, 2-1. 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3

Boro scored thrugh Mitchell Curry and a Callum Cooke brace

match highlights link is on my twitter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't get to read up much on the youth teams. Can someone explain how they ended up in the UEFA Youth league and how the format works.

Great to see the youth teams in general doing so well

They won the U-18 league

Every team that qualifies for CL has their U-19 (U-18 in england I suppose) team qualified and they play the same groups

To this season also the winners of the national leagues for the top 32 countries in europe qualified.

Those 32 teams play in 2 knock out stages against eachother. The 8 teams that goes forward from that will meet a group runner up from the CL groups.

We are now 1 match from being in that phase (we won 3-0 against Torino tonight)

Sorry my english is not the best so i dont know how clear I was :(

I think thats how it works anyway

Here you have it in writng from uefa

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2016/competitionformat/index.html

Lady spite got it pretty bang on except the age thing. Teams in Europe (as far as I'm aware) also have U18 not U19 teams.

However, in every team who qualified by winning the league last year, in their U18 team were probably a few players in their final year in that age group.

It would be unfair to not let them play in this tournament after they helped win the league and qualify, so the age is U19 in this tournament to allow those players to still get the chance to take part in what they earned for the club