oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (A) 0-1

Boro v Rotherham (A)

The New York stadium

1945hrs Tuesday 8th March

After a fairly routine win against a lacklustre Wolves on a Friday night, Boro have a new hero in Gaston Ramirez. Is this two goal hero the real No10 we've been craving since the days of Paul Merson and Gazza??? I hope so. The man oozes class, can turn on a sixpence and seems to have so much time on the ball I'm sure he needs a haircut after each match.

But we move on. Another match under the floodlights of which we seem to flourish we face a slightly invigorated team of Millers that have back to back wins against Brentford and more impressively away to Sheffield Wed.

Last time out

We beat them this season at our place with a 1-0 win courtesy of a Stewy Downing strike in the first half. That was on top of doing the double over them last season scoring 5 and conceding Nil. So they won't relish the visit of Boro. That been said they currently occupy the last relegation place and 3 points from safety, so will fight, scrap, bully and harass us for the full 90+ minutes we are there. This is not a forgone conclusion, and will not be a easy game.

Millers last game

According to the 'Whoscored' stats Rotherham won with only 36% possession a single Matt Derbyshire strike. It looks like for all there possession and shots on goal Sheffield Wed just couldn't score (Wonder what that feels like:s)

Key players

Goals don't come aplenty but Matt Derbshire is the top scorer on 6

Richie Smallwood. The ever present ex Boro lad does seem to be the engine in their midfield.

The Boro

Hopefully in a position to kick on and put a decent run of results together. I think Ramirez, Adomah and possibly Forshaw have made themselves undroppable the only change I'd make is bringing Stewy in for Stuani. Team I'd like to see is

-------------Dimi-------------

Nsue---Kalas---Gibbo---Friend

------Clayton----Forshaw-----

Adomah---Gaston---Downing

----------Rhodes------------

Should be enough to to grab the points as a draw is no good to either team so we both have to go for it. And if it comes to a slugfest I believe we have the better firepower to nick it.

View from the other side

http://www.millersbanter.co.uk/t61776104/tuesdays-game/

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55831&posts=2

Men in Black

Referee:              Peter Banks

Assistants:         Akil Howson and Declan Bourne

Fourth official:   James Adcock

What the Bookies think

Again Boro are strong favourites @ 8/11 with Rotherham @15/4 and the draw @ 13/5

My bet will be Jordan Rhodes FGS @ 4/1 or 7/5 for the less brave

Anyway Girls and Boys it's over to you!!!!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apologies for the scant content as my laptop as gone tits up on me and I had to do this on my iPad  :-/

They seem to think they can nick it, with Warnock at the helm, it's very possible.

But we must win it, I will be happy with a scrappy 1 goal contest in our favour. I think either way, first goal is so important. If they get it, they will shut down, play to hold onto the 3 points and we'll need to be excellent to break them down.

1-0 Boro, struggling between Downing and Forshaw for the winner but I'm going to go with the former.

Will we make many changes? I think we'll make 3 or 4 to freshen us up a bit.

Dimi

De Laet Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Forshaw

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Nugent

Subs: Agazzi, Kalas, Nsue, De Sart, Stuani, Kike Sola, Rhodes

I really hope we beat the little gremlin.

Got to be winning games like this to stay in the top two. I'd stick with the same team as Friday but put downing in for stuani.

2-0 Boro, rhodes and Adomah to score

Same team as Friday for me, we need to win this game so goals are required, Stuani is atleast 3x more likely than Downing to score so keeps his place IMO.

Same team as Friday for me, we need to win this game so goals are required, Stuani is atleast 3x more likely than Downing to score so keeps his place IMO.

Wow your downing hate is unreal.

Boro have a new hero in Gaston Ramirez. Is this two goal hero the real No10 we've been craving since the days of Paul Merson and Gazza??? I hope so.

Gazza?! Give Ramirez a little credit. If he has the same impact here as Gazza (and I don't mean backside imprint on the bench), I'll be massively disappointed.

Boro have a new hero in Gaston Ramirez. Is this two goal hero the real No10 we've been craving since the days of Paul Merson and Gazza??? I hope so.

Gazza?! Give Ramirez a little credit. If he has the same impact here as Gazza (and I don't mean backside imprint on the bench), I'll be massively disappointed.

Ha. I see where your coming from but when it comes to gazza I have a massive pair of Rose tinted specs on. I just loved the guy. Easily could have been one of the worlds best if he didn't insist on surrounding himself with the most toxic surburban underclasses this country has ever spewed up

I dont hate Downing at all, if he was performing id be happy with him on the pitch, but 1 good cross in the last half a dozen games doesnt justify a starting berth for me.

I was more intrigued by the 'at least 3x more likely'. Seems very specific, is that due to goals already scored? 10 and 3 respectively, or was it just picked out of a hat?

I've made my thoughts on Downing known previously so I won't tread old ground, if he's knuckled down in training this week I'd have no complaints if he started over stuani, who did okay against wolves but didn't set the world alight. Downing on the other hand actually played pretty well against Cardiff and Fulham.

I wouldn't be surprised to see gaston in either a sub role and being subbed early in the second half.

He still seems to be getting up to fitness and has mentioned several times about how he is getting used to playing twice a week.

I wouldn't be surprised to see gaston in either a sub role and being subbed early in the second half.

He still seems to be getting up to fitness and has mentioned several times about how he is getting used to playing twice a week.

If Gaston doesn't start tomorrow night there will be riots.