oneBoro Forum

Suicide Squad

Anyone got round to watching the *** storm that is Suicide Squad yet? What an awful, wannabe excuse of a movie that was.

Don't say that. I was looking forward to it. I was expecting to see a smoking Aces type of movie. Is that not the case?

Anyone got round to watching the *** storm that is Suicide Squad yet? What an awful, wannabe excuse of a movie that was.

Don't say that. I was looking forward to it. I was expecting to see a smoking Aces type of movie. Is that not the case?

I would say it's worth seeing it because of Will Smith. But I say that about any movie with Will Smith in it. That being said, I couldn't particularly connect with his Deadshot, though I really don't think I can hold him to not acting his part well, the story development in general was pretty awful.

The whole thing felt rushed to meet a deadline. And unfortunately, the trailers accurately portrayed how poorly they concocted the conflict within the story. As well as how much they seemed to rely on Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn coming off (which also wasn't a good idea, didn't particularly like her in it either).

Jared Leto is an awful Joker. At least the very different Lex Luthor from BvS was somewhat interesting of his own means.

This is all my opinion though. I'd heard a lot of terrible things about the movie before deciding to go and judge it for myself and I would encourage anyone else to do the same.

The trailers had got me looking forward to seeing another 'Deadpool' or 'guardians of the Galaxy'  type of film both of which I loved but I have to agree it came nowhere near - I didn't warm to the new joker at all, Harley was OK, Will Smith held it together really.

Didn't mind it, from a perspective of just going to watch it and enjoy it as a film it was decent entertainment there is worse films out there.

That said it was hard and some times uncomfortable watching Leto play the joker, maybe because of the who Heath Ledger thing it was always going to be a hard role to take but I don't think it was done well and I didn't really enjoy watching his parts.

• 1 year later...

Well, comparing Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy to Suicide Squad is generally comparing Marvel and DC comics and production. What I and writingpeak know it that Marvel are making more easy going, bright and laughable movies, they keep up with trends and memes, while DC are stuck in this superhero hillariously unrealistic drama.