oneBoro Forum

Boro v Man UTD (A) 1-2

Boro v Man Utd

After a very disappointing result on Boxing Day we go again to one of the league in form teams. Unbeaten in 9 and winning their last 4 on the spin they are second in the form table only behind Chelsea’s amazing run.

The Boro

It wasn’t so much the defeat as it was the manner of the defeat that has irked some of the oneBoro community. Toothless in attack, devoid of any Plan B and substitutions that would baffle the most footballing savvy minds.

So how do we go about getting a result here? Obviously, the plan will be keep it tight at the back and hit them on the break. Easy, isn’t it??? But for that we need creativity and pace. The creativity will come from Gaston as our only creative player and the pace will come from…????? Added to that we need to keep Ibrahimovic quiet cue Ben Gibson to step and announce himself to the world. Well at least the England camp that for some reason keep picking Phil ***** Jagielka over him but I digress.

Likely line up (Or at least what I’d like to see)

-------------------Valdes------------------

Fabio—Chambers—Gibbo—Friend

----Clayton----Forshaw----De Roon---

--Downing----Negredo----Gaston--

The Opposition

After a sticky start to the season they seem to be coming good just in time for the visit of mighty Boro. A star-studded squad containing the world’s most expensive player, possibly the world’s best goalkeeper and the (self-professed) world’s greatest player. Add to that the ‘Special One’ and we have the making of a very difficult afternoon which is likely to see the Theatre of Dreams become the stuff of nightmares

In short I expect absolutely nothing from this game. The only saving grace is that, this is Boro that we are talking about and it wouldn’t be unlike us to get a smash and grab.

Interesting Facts about Manchester

The famous ‘Curry Mile’ is only half a mile long

It’s the birthplace of Vegetarianism

Chips and crime were invented there

What the bookies are saying

Utd win          2/9

Draw              9/2   

Boro win        14/1

Uwe’s cheeky pound bet    

Negredo to score first and Boro win 1-0            80/1

Anyway Boys and Girls its over to you!!!!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Given the predictability of Karanka's recent team and tactics. Adding to that we are vs Mourinho's Man Utd I fear the former master will school the pupil again. Hoping for a ***nal/City type performance but expecting a defeat here. Cmon the lads UTB

Valdes

Fabio

Chambers

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Forshaw

De Roon

Traore

Negredo

Ramirez

I have a feeling Traore will come back into the team. If we perform in the manner we did at ***nal, Leicester and the second half vs Man City we could get something here. I'm still not convinced by Man Utd. I'm not expecting anything so if we get anything here it will be a real bonus and a confidence booster going into the Leicester game. Btw that game vs Leicester is shaping up to be massive for both sides.

3-0 Man Utd or 1-1 if we turn up.

reasons to be cheerful

1.....weve had some very good results there in the last 15 years or so

2.....rojo and jones could be fun to watch trying to handle traore if he plays

3.....its sort of a free shot game , no one expects anything really so any point is a bonus

reasons to be realistic

1.... theyre in top form and were not seeing any sort of consistancy (on the pitch) (management ,,well thats another story) 

2....traore probably wont play so we will never know

3....big big test for Ben G,,,up against ibra  ,,remember what he did to Shawcross  when he was getting rave reviews. 

got a horrible feeling we may get thrashed in this one ,,, its all about putting it out of our minds if we do cos the liecester game is  vital for getting at least a point from.

My confidence is at a low ebb following that awful game at Burnley and Man U are due to hand out a hammering to someone the way they are starting to play. So on the basis of that I have just handed over the readies to my United loving neighbour to sit with their fans with me sat on my hands. The question I am now asking myself is, have I completely lost it, why oh why did I do it as I have a pretty good idea how this is going to end. Anyway be forewarned if I have to endure totally negative tactics, no pace and irrational substitutions late on in the game then prepare yourselves for bedwetting on a grand scale. You never know though, we might have a go at them, play Traore to take off some of the pressure and grab a goal or two, no you are right I have lost it!

Im gonna be positive about this game because everyone has written us off and that is when boro thrive. So my prediction is a crazy game Man u to hit the bar, have a plenty saved, Rooney gets sent off and Boro win one nil in the 90th minuet with de roon getting the goal.

I didn't expect anything from the Burnley game so I'm not going to get down about it. Knew it'd be a miserable day.

I reckon United are there to be frustrated. It's clash of similar personalities and similar styles in some ways. I reckon a 0-0 is pretty much nailed on, or the quality will show through with the likes of Ibrahimovic going up against Gibson and Chambers. I don't think we can win but I think a point is very much attainable.