oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City 0-0

Hi chaps, I hope you don't mind me starting the pre match thread - I did spot the 'matchday threads' section of the forum so feel free to move it to there if need be.

Anyway, being as you are playing us on Monday I thought I'd pop on & hopefully give you some insight from a Leicester perspective on the match. 

Well, as you know we won 1-0 today (Saturday) vs West Ham. It was a rather tight affair throughout, there wasn't a great deal between both sides but we started very well and took a deserved lead through Slimani. We changed our formation today, for the first time in a long while. Leicester fans have been calling for a change in system for weeks and it was refreshing to see it today. 

I was impressed when you came to our place back in November, a game you really should of won. I like Negredo, you can tell he still has quality at this level and he proved it on that day. It's difficult to call how this one will go to be honest, we tend to struggle away from home and there's been many times this season where we've felt we can push on after a good win, but then lose the next game. We need consistency.

For me, I reckon you will continue to have a good season. As for Leicester, I think we will be ok in the long run, but it all seems very unnecessary that we are in this position. I wasn't expecting to be in a supposed relegation battle - it's one of those where we might start really performing as the season goes on and push up the table, or we will constantly flutter in & around the relegation places. Thus far the team have been underperforming, and I think we've been playing a system which isn't getting the best out of our players.

As I said tough one to call on Monday. A point would be considered an ok result for us at this time. A lot will depend on the formation/system we play, we've been known to become isolated going forward because we can be very defensive, continually soaking up pressure and possession from the opposition.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence, but we need to beat you to make up for what happened at yours! I think Leicester will avoid the relegation scrap comfortably though.

I'm not sure on that last sentence. I think they're right in the mix.

No offence, but we need to beat you to make up for what happened at yours! I think Leicester will avoid the relegation scrap comfortably though.

I'm not sure on that last sentence. I think they're right in the mix.

If they are then we are too. And I also believe we will avoid relegation.

FriendlyLCFC looking forward to our match on Monday. A big game for both of us, more so for us I think. Think it's going to be a tight affair again, just hope that we put in a performance and get a result.

As a general concensus a***st Foxes fans, are many genuinely worried about the possibility of relegation? Or are most confident that the form will improve?

Happy New Year Friendly LCFC, what was it like being every neutral fans favourite team last season, a hell of an achievement. I think the 'morning after' anti climax got to your team this season, coupled with competing in the Champions League, but you surely have enough good players at your disposal to climb out of trouble, probably when you exit the CL and give your full attention to it. It should be a good game between us and it will be interesting to see what teams both managers put out, at our end there must be some bruised and battered defenders out there after the heroics at Old Trafford I think we might just edge you on this one, but it is going to be a tight affair I think.

Think we're both in a relegation mix at the moment based on our positions.

Although I both think we'll be ok come the end of the season.

FriendlyLCFC looking forward to our match on Monday. A big game for both of us, more so for us I think. Think it's going to be a tight affair again, just hope that we put in a performance and get a result.

As a general concensus a***st Foxes fans, are many genuinely worried about the possibility of relegation? Or are most confident that the form will improve?

Hi Jimmy, in regards to the first part, I too agree we will both be fine in the long run. For me we've both got enough quality and enough for top half finishes.

The second part - A***st the fanbase it is very varied to be honest with you. I'd actually say more are worried about relegation than having confidence that we will pick up. I think we will be ok in the long run, but for sure it hasn't been encouraging this season. 

I don't particularly want to be involved in a relegation battle because looking at the squad you'd probably say we shouldn't be in this position, and we shouldn't really as I feel we are capable of much more. Ultimately though, we're hovering around relegation because we've underperformed, so now we've got to try our best to get out of it.

Happy New Year Friendly LCFC, what was it like being every neutral fans favourite team last season, a hell of an achievement. I think the 'morning after' anti climax got to your team this season, coupled with competing in the Champions League, but you surely have enough good players at your disposal to climb out of trouble, probably when you exit the CL and give your full attention to it. It should be a good game between us and it will be interesting to see what teams both managers put out, at our end there must be some bruised and battered defenders out there after the heroics at Old Trafford I think we might just edge you on this one, but it is going to be a tight affair I think.

Thanks and same to you, pikerman. Last season was just magical and it would of been for any football fan in the country. It's what us as fans all dream of, winning the Premier League. I think neutral fans were behind us last season because we were something different, we didn't spend as much money as the usual top four, we had a very likeable manager in Ranieri, there was a real togetherness within the squad and we played an attractive brand of football.

It's certainly been an adjustment with European football this season. I agree, on the face of it we should have enough quality in the squad to get ourselves out of trouble, and for me it's a case of being capable of much more which is what's frustrating. We're capable of a top half finish, as are Middlesbrough, but we will have to see. In the long run I think we will do alright and hopefully, we will start to move higher up in the table.

It certainly has the makings of a tight affair on Monday, you are right. What we've been known for this season is, winning one game thinking we will start to push on, followed by a defeat. It's that consistency which is so important. Away from home we do tend to struggle and we've not picked up many points on the road.

Are Mahrez and Slimani available?

Yes, I do believe they are. I think they travel out on international duty after the game.

Believe Leicester have four players missing due to African Cup and Vardy suspended

I think they are all available to play for this one mate, as apparently they are going on international duty after the game with you on Monday. Vardy is still suspended, however.

Have only used my seldom used phrase once so far but in this case, and being a must not lose game then I think it is fair to say like the Bournemouth match that this game could be considered as being THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON............so far!!!

We need to be like Burnley in terms of getting maximum points at The Riverside and whilst we all know that we deserved the 3 points from the away game lady luck has a habit of kicking you in the balls therefore we simply have to put Leicester to the sword and take the chances as and when presented