oneBoro Forum

Boro v Man City (FA Cup) Quarter Final 0-2

Here we have the opportunity to play without the pressure of our relegation worries. One game away from wembley.

Kick off is at 12.15 11/3

At the Riverside stadium

Live on BT sport 2 for those who cannot make it 

Boro have met City eight times in the competition with the Teessiders considered something of a bogey team in both league and cup.

Form

Boro

Stoke 2-0 Boro

Boro 0-1Palace

Boro 3-2 Oxford

Boro 0-0Everton

Spurs 1-0 Boro

Boro 0-0 West brom

Man city

Sunderland 0-2 City

City 5-1H'field

City 5-3 Monaco

H'field 0-0 City

Bournemouth 0-2 City

City 2-1 Swansea

My Expected lineup

Valdes

Barragan Espinosa Gibson Fabio

Clayton

De Roon Forshaw

Traore                   Stuani

Negredo

My guess at the score

Boro 1-2 City

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we have the opportunity to play without the pressure of our relegation worries. One game away from wembley.

At the Riverside stadium

Boro have met City eight times in the competition with the Teessiders considered something of a bogey team in both league and cup.

My expected line up

Valdes

Clayton

De Roon Forshaw

Negredo

My guess at the score

Boro 1-2 City

Nice opening match day thread John. Good effort.

Good HTML skills too  ;)

If City are 'UP' for it, then I can't really see us getting anything from this game.

HOWEVER, I'm hoping that City might have their eye on a couple of other prizes (namely Premier League and Champions League). They played on Sunday, are playing tomorrow night (Wednesday), playing us on Saturday, and then have their CL game against Monaco the following Wednesday. Playing four times in ten days, you'd have to expect there to be some decent squad rotation going on, so we could get lucky.

As such and if so.... then we COULD get something out of the game. (Meaning win it)!

Having said that.... if the Palace & Stoke attitude persists I think lower Championship is more our level.

I think Leadbitter will play probably for Clayton, other than that I think your team is the one he'll go with.

I'm fairly certain Gaston won't feature any time soon, and Stuani earned a start against Stoke.

At the Riverside stadium

My expected line up

Valdes

Clayton

De Roon Forshaw

Negredo

My guess at the score

Boro 1-2 City

Good HTML skills too  ;)

If City are 'UP' for it, then I can't really see us getting anything from this game.

HOWEVER, I'm hoping that City might have their eye on a couple of other prizes (namely Premier League and Champions League). They played on Sunday, are playing tomorrow night (Wednesday), playing us on Saturday, and then have their CL game against Monaco the following Wednesday. Playing four times in ten days, you'd have to expect there to be some decent squad rotation going on, so we could get lucky.

As such and if so.... then we COULD get something out of the game. (Meaning win it)!

Having said that.... if the Palace & Stoke attitude persists I think lower Championship is more our level.

Thanks ive never actually looked much at a matchday thread so bit of a gamble and a few edits later.

I would actually like to see fischer instead of forshaw and tweak the tactics slightly and go like this.

Valdes

De roon Clayton

Traore    Fischer  Downing

Negredo

[align=left]Stick downing on instead of stuani for the balance.

[/align]

I think Leadbitter will play probably for Clayton, other than that I think your team is the one he'll go with.

I'm fairly certain Gaston won't feature any time soon, and Stuani earned a start against Stoke.

The stupidest thing about Ramirez is that he's not SO good that he'll get a move away from Boro even if we go down. If he really 'wants away' which appears to be the case, then his best bet would be to get his head down and play well in order to show case himself.

After all... if you include his loan at Hull City, he's not really been favoured by four or five PL managers (if he ends up being dropped by AK too). I actually can't see too many clubs falling over themselves to sign him?

I know, but unless he is hoping for a move to italy which is more than likely i cant see any premier league teams being interested. He has shot him self in the foot regarding that due to his supposed attitude and performances of late.

At the Riverside stadium

My expected line up

Valdes

Clayton

De Roon Forshaw

Negredo

My guess at the score

Boro 1-2 City

Good HTML skills too  ;)

Thanks ive never actually looked much at a matchday thread so bit of a gamble and a few edits later.

I would actually like to see fischer instead of forshaw and tweak the tactics slightly and go like this.

Valdes

De roon Clayton

Traore    Fischer  Downing

Negredo

[align=left]Stick downing on instead of stuani for the balance.

[/align]

I don't really like Barragan and Espinosa side by side.... but we haven't got too much choice really I guess.

Not sure how bad ayalas injury is looked like a hamstring to me. How far away is chambers?

To be honest its likely to be friend back in but due to his performance on the weekend i chose to try barragan

Not sure how bad ayalas injury is looked like a hamstring to me. How far away is chambers?

To be honest its likely to be friend back in but due to his performance on the weekend i chose to try barragan

Chambers should miss this and Man United, but then there's an international break, and all being well he'll be back after that.

Not for the fact that this is a real chance to get to Wembley but this has to be a watershed and eye opening moment for all of us.

What will you feel if we see a display full of fight, determination togetherness and all things that we should expect from a team you support, will it fill you with hope, and perhaps rightly so, that it might be a catalyst of better things to come, or will you openly question where did this performance come from and why the hell has it not been shown when it really did matter?

Be honest in your replies though I do want us to get to the final, and semi final anyway by hook or by crook

It's all set up for the Boro win isn't it?

We've been so awful and we have no chance on paper, so Boro-logic dictates we'll give a gutsy 1-1 performance before winning on penalties. Karanka will be given a reprieve before we lose the next three league games in a row.

It's the Boro way.