oneBoro Forum

The Championship player wish list

Well with our impending fate to the championsp all but sealed, our sights turn to next season in the championship.

With parachute payments and money from players sold; Gibson, Valdes, Ramirez and Traore for example COULD potentially be on their way. But the question is, who would you want Boro to identify as their next targets for the next season?

For me, I'd love a pacey striker to compliment Gestede or Bamford. My first suggestion, Assombalonga.

Secondly, I feel a good solid CB to fill the void of Gibson. But I'm struggling to think of someone. (Open to suggestions).

Thirdly, I'd love a player to challenge on the left hand side. The obvious choice would be Helder Costa.

What about you guys and gals?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd ask Chelsea about Kalas on a permanent, he clearly enjoyed his time here and could be a part of any deal they want to do for Gibson.

Assombalonga is a good suggestion, I'd like Nouha ***o personally and I think he may be available to move if Wolves continue their spending this summer.

We'll need a RB as well. And hopefully we'll finally get a dynamic midfielder to complement our good defensive ones. Traore, if he stays, needs good competition.

Well with our impending fate to the championsp all but sealed, our sights turn to next season in the championship.

With parachute payments and money from players sold; Gibson, Valdes, Ramirez and Traore for example COULD potentially be on their way. But the question is, who would you want Boro to identify as their next targets for the next season?

For me, I'd love a pacey striker to compliment Gestede or Bamford. My first suggestion, Assombalonga.

Secondly, I feel a good solid CB to fill the void of Gibson. But I'm struggling to think of someone. (Open to suggestions).

Thirdly, I'd love a player to challenge on the left hand side. The obvious choice would be Helder Costa.

Tomas Kalas – Fulham/Chelsea – right back

Andy Yiadom – Barnsley – right back

Liam Moore – Reading – centre defence

Pontus Jansson – Leeds/Torino – centre defence

Charlie Taylor – Leeds – left back

Kieran Tierney – Celtic – left back

John Swift – Reading – centre midfield

Tom Cairney – Fulham – centre midfield – left-foot

Conor Hourihane – Aston Villa – centre midfield

Aaron Mooy – Huddersfield/Man City – centre midfield

Jacob Murphy - Norwich - winger

Helder Costa – Wolves – winger

Tammy Abraham – Fulham/Chelsea – striker - on-loan

Of those we already have, I would get rid of

Valdes, Guzan, Mejias, Barragan, Espinosa, Husband, Leadbitter, Guedioura, Traore, Fischer, Ramirez, Downing, Stuani and Negredo

Replace most of them with younger, fitter and faster players.

Make sure we only have a small squad, 18-20 of hungry players.

If we are going for young talent couldnt fry fill the void in the championship.

Tammy Abraham has been linked with a few prem clubs I think, but if hes available then we should definitely be looking.

I thought I'd read somewhere that Jansson had agreed terms with Leeds, but I could very well be wrong.

Hourihane should be high on our list.

I really cant see us having the amount of player turnover as you've suggested Thomas, 15 players out (including Chambers) would be insane!

GK - I'd have Ripleynas first choice. Would like to consider someone like Reice Charles-Cook (Coventry) or Ben Garratt (Crewe) to compete with him.

CB - I'd like Harlee Dean (Brentford) personally. Kalas is a decent shout too.

RB - Yiadom (Barnsley) is a fantastic call. Shay Facey (Man City) looks a young talent too.

CM - Jan Toral (***nal) would be perfect to help balance our midfield situation. Or someone like Lewis Baker (Chelsea) on loan.

AM - Fred Onyedinma (Millwall) is a pacy AM/RW with tons of flair and creativity. Quite small, but with a good centre of balance and quick feet. Leonardo da Silva Lopes (Peterborough) could be a good shout too.

ST - A challenge this one. Assombalonga (Forest) easily, if we could get a deal done. Ashley Barnes (Burnley) if he became available? Or even Hal Robson-Kanu if WBA would sell.

GK - Ripley / Charles-Cook

RB - Barragan / Yiadom

CB - Ayala / Espinosa

CB - Dean / Fry

LB - Fabio / Husband

RM - Traore / Onyedinma

CM - Toral / Forshaw

CM - Clayton / Guedioura

LM - Downing / Fischer

ST - Bamford / ???

ST - Gestede / ???

Another CM I'd consider... Aron Gunnarsson from Cardiff. Aye, for that monster of a throw in - but he's a good player and great leader who keeps his tam mates in check and instills discipline across the middle of the park. Him and Clayts together would be a pretty nerve wracking proposition to play against...

A GK

At least one fullback

Two central defenders

One central midfielder

Two wingers

At least one number 10 if we intend to use them.

That's to start with.

A GK

At least one fullback

Two central defenders

One central midfielder

Two wingers

At least one number 10 if we intend to use them.

That's to start with.

That doesn't really answer the 'who' part of the question :huh:

It's hard to know until we know who the manager is and what system he wants to play, the whole squad is so unbalanced with what positions we do and don't have covered!

I think its very safe to say its gonna be Agnew after showing Gibson hes flexible in his formation, willing to experiment and go to win games since hes taken over. The other thing is Gibson gave him his backing already and says hes the one that "gels us". Having said that we dont know Agnews system because hes still experimenting i think.