oneBoro Forum

Boro split

On his first day taking training as manager, Steve Agnew bent over and split his trousers. He lost the dressing room there and then.

On his first day taking training as manager, Steve Agnew bend over and split his trousers. He lost the dressing room there and then.

Just made me laugh out loud at work, well done Tom. :D

I'll never forget when Leicester won the Prem - the players were spoken of as a great team, rather than worldie individuals. You got the impression that they were 'brothers' etc, the usual labels. But it seemed to unravel even with them to a certain extent.

Things change so fast in football.

Most winning teams are happy and all losing teams have a few problems. There are no teams that get relagated that the squad is all sweetness and light. These are very very competitive people they don't like losing and some will look to others for a reason why. That's just human nature

There would seem to have been a split since AK-gate, it certainly wouldn't surprise me - I'm pretty sure theres a few players who liked AK, are loyal towards him and will be looking at the players who in their mind not only caused him to leave but screwed up their first season in the Prem, they might even feel a bit robbed by whoever they are.

Players are only human, a team spirit can easily be disrupted by one person, I know from playing team sport that a coach can make a difference either way, a player can too - I was part of a good team which was ruined by a small 'Clique' of players who thought they were better than everyone else etc, the clique were dropped and we found unity, then we got a new coach then were promoted 5 seasons on the trot.

Woodgate was mentioned as an instigator of AK-gate and (even though he was supposed be staying on in a coaching role) was disposed of at the seasons end then coincidentally brought straight back as soon as AK went - so if the split was nipped in the bud last summer maybe a few players who were glad to see the back of Woodgate are now pretty pis*ed off hes coach - who knows - but we are not playing like a 'team' in any sense of the word tbh.

I am purely speculating and have no ITK or anything - I could be a million miles away from whats going on, just shotting my tuppence in as I haven't got it in me yet to contribute to the Sunderland thread.

There would seem to have been a split since AK-gate, it certainly wouldn't surprise me - I'm pretty sure theres a few players who liked AK, are loyal towards him and will be looking at the players who in their mind not only caused him to leave but screwed up their first season in the Prem, they might even feel a bit robbed by whoever they are.

Players are only human, a team spirit can easily be disrupted by one person, I know from playing team sport that a coach can make a difference either way, a player can too - I was part of a good team which was ruined by a small 'Clique' of players who thought they were better than everyone else etc, the clique were dropped and we found unity, then we got a new coach then were promoted 5 seasons on the trot.

Woodgate was mentioned as an instigator of AK-gate and (even though he was supposed be staying on in a coaching role) was disposed of at the seasons end then coincidentally brought straight back as soon as AK went - so if the split was nipped in the bud last summer maybe a few players who were glad to see the back of Woodgate are now pretty pis*ed off hes coach - who knows - but we are not playing like a 'team' in any sense of the word tbh.

I am purely speculating and have no ITK or anything - I could be a million miles away from whats going on, just shotting my tuppence in as I haven't got it in me yet to contribute to the Sunderland thread.

Exactly. The guys supporting the manager are usually the ones getting picked