oneBoro Forum

Scenario to debate

ok,  it tbf its not too outlandish a scenario , especially on our part.

the season finishes and we are relegated

Huddersfield are unsucessful in thier promotion campaign

we appoint Wagner as our new manager/ftc

Huddersfield make Karanka thier replacement for him.

WHO Finishes higher next season.

ok,  it tbf its not too outlandish a scenario , especially on our part.

the season finishes and we are relegated

Huddersfield are unsucessful in thier promotion campaign

we appoint Wagner as our new manager/ftc

Huddersfield make Karanka thier replacement for him.

WHO Finishes higher next season.

***nal, Bournemouth, Chelsea and the rest of the Premier League for starters..

Honestly, it depends on recruitment.

I think Karanka is a better coach, but I think we are a bigger draw and will be able to recruit better (in theory).

But a few clever loans from Mourinho/Pochettino and AK could have a very tidy squad too.

Why Huddersfield imparticular? Aren't their best players just on loan and they have 0 chance of getting them permanently? Honestly Huddersfield have more chance to be relegated for me.

AK will be a better manager with a better team. When I say this I mean fit and mobile. AK plays from the back but it needs far better players than we have. So without quality or time to build I don't believe he will succeed

It would be very interesting to see how our current squad would look under Wagner, he plays a high pressing game with the emphasis on winning the ball and moving it quickly, the exact opposite of Karanka really. Would some of the squad thrive under this new system and come out of their shells, probably but it is inly theoretical. I do not know who would finish higher but I sure as hell know which style of football I would prefer to watch, I have been really impressed with Huddersfield this season, while karanka has got me watching Rugby Union !

We would finish higher as we have the better team.

The way karanka plays only works with superior players who can get the best out of the system, rather than getting the best out of the players you have.

The way karanka plays only works with superior players who can get the best out of the system, rather than getting the best out of the players you have.

On karanka, to an extent that is true but hard to deny that some players improved a lot under him

On karanka, to an extent that is true but hard to deny that some players improved a lot under him

Defenders definitely did.

Friend, leadbitter, Gibson, Ayala and Clayton all showed improvement under karanka. The only forward I've seen show much improvement has been traore, maybe adomah became a more rounded player.

Defenders definitely did.

Friend, leadbitter, Gibson, Ayala and Clayton all showed improvement under karanka. The only forward I've seen show much improvement has been traore, maybe adomah became a more rounded player.

Bamford certainly got better and improved during his full season here.

I'd say he got better as the season progressed thus improving as a player. Let's hope two years in the wilderness hasn't ruined him as a player. He could be a massive player for us next season if he can find his form again.

AK would implode like he always does when the going gets tough.

Have to say this interests me. If he does take another management job I will try to follow him to see how he does. That said, if its a job in La Liga or their second tier I would imagine it will be a lot easier.

Did the (football) culture clashes / language barriers / differences in playing style / whatever get too much for him in the end? Was part of the problem due to clashes in the boardroom as well?