oneBoro Forum

Boro clarify transfer facts - Gazette will not interview the manager or players

As many will have seen the Boro have posted a statement this morning Clarifying Transfer Facts contrary to what the Gazette posted yesterday

"MFC would like to clarify that contrary to reports in Tuesday’s Teesside Gazette,the club’s new record signing Britt Assombalonga was a £15m transfer and not £14m as reported.

We can also further state that the wage figures suggested in reports by the Gazette are wide of the mark. We can confirm that the club works within the strict parameters of our wage structure and all our playing staff are inside a bracket that falls way below the figures reported.

Furthermore, the same report states the club paid Atalanta £10.8m for the services of Marten de Roon last summer when, in reality, the club paid a transfer fee of £8.8m with a further £900,000 on the player making 30 appearances.

As a club, we are keen to ensure our fans receive the correct information and facts rather than read misinformation from outside sources"

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/mfc-clarifying-transfer-facts

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

What the hell have the gazette done to *** the club off that much. Let's be honest clubs have never been bothered is someone says a signing is a million pounds less than it is. A few million more maybe they say it isn't true but not less

The club have made real attempts this season to keep people informed. Letting us know when medical are being done. Informing of signings as soon as they happen and now this.

Wonder how much is to correct old mistakes and how much is to sidetrack the gazette

There's definitely more to this than what we're seeing, in terms of their relationship. I mean, they call out the Gazette by name in the statement, which is really strong - actually bordering on unprofessional if you ask me. I do wonder why the club, long known to all of us for keeping very quiet about a lot of the behind-the-scenes running of the club (including transfers) are now airing this dispute in public.

A million pounds off is neither here nor there really, gotta be something else to it. That said I'm more than happy if the club want to start being more transparent. Certainly their social media presence has been getting bigger and better for a year or two now.

That website rant at the Gazette is totally uncalled for. The Gazette have stood by the club on many occasions and I don't think they actually deserves to be outed like this. The club should have called the Gazette and told them real fees and have the Gazette change the article. Hell if they were so hell bent on telling the De Roon fee because of his impending sale they could have just done so when officially confirming his sale.

I think the club have been out of line here, unless the Gazette have blatantly printet figures depite the club giving them the right numbers. If I was at the Gazette I'm not sure I would hold back on any future criticism. If the season starts off badly the club really needs the backing of the local paper.

This is poor from the club.

I don't see the problem. The club have came out and corrected misinformation given by a newspaper. Who knows how many times it's actually happened? Maybe the club are just fed up of it and now want to put an end to it. Especially after the full scale assault on the manager last season and the end of the season before.

The Gazette welcomes Middlesbrough FC transparency on transfers

"The Gazette welcomes Middlesbrough Football Club's statement on the clarification of transfer facts.

We are encouraged by the club’s position that it is keen to ensure fans receive the correct information on these matters.

As the chief local news organisation and the paper of record on Teesside for 150 years we value truth, objectivity and putting the fullest possible picture to the public.

Accordingly, we have amended the figures relating to Britt Assombalonga and Marten de Roon in our records.

In this opaque age of complex deals and ‘undisclosed fees’, we look forward to similar transparency on future transfers.

And we appreciate the club’s commitment to putting the correct information and facts into the public domain on other matters too."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gazette-welcomes-middlesbrough-fc-transparency-13348794

The Gazette welcomes Middlesbrough FC transparency on transfers

"The Gazette welcomes Middlesbrough Football Club's statement on the clarification of transfer facts.

We are encouraged by the club’s position that it is keen to ensure fans receive the correct information on these matters.

As the chief local news organisation and the paper of record on Teesside for 150 years we value truth, objectivity and putting the fullest possible picture to the public.

Accordingly, we have amended the figures relating to Britt Assombalonga and Marten de Roon in our records.

In this opaque age of complex deals and ‘undisclosed fees’, we look forward to similar transparency on future transfers.

And we appreciate the club’s commitment to putting the correct information and facts into the public domain on other matters too."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gazette-welcomes-middlesbrough-fc-transparency-13348794

Bit of class from the Gazette, hope they hold the club accountable from now on given their desire for transparency.

"In this opaque age of complex deals and ‘undisclosed fees’, we look forward to similar transparency on future transfers."

I was wondering who wrote this as there is no credit on the website.. But this little passage has Vickers written all over it..

"In this opaque age of complex deals and ‘undisclosed fees’, we look forward to similar transparency on future transfers."

I was wondering who wrote this as there is no credit on the website.. But this little passage has Vickers written all over it..

Vickers loves his thesaurus! Usually drives me up the wall, makes his articles twice the effort to read. Reckon it was a joint effort; will have had to have been passed by the Gazette's main editor as well no doubt.

The last line "And we appreciate the club’s commitment to putting the correct information and facts into the public domain on other matters too." sounds particularly pointed to me, there's something specific behind that I'd say.

"As a club, we are keen to ensure our fans receive the correct information and facts rather than read misinformation from outside sources"

So when do we find out what happened last season and the season before when AK walked out? ;)