oneBoro Forum

Save Hartlepool FC

Hi all,

Not sure how many have seen but our near neighbours Hartlepool have been having lots of financial difficulties recently and are in danger of going out of business.

After the help pools gave Boro in helping us stay afloat in '86 it seems a fitting time to repay the favour.

I know times are tough for lots of us but please give what you can:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savehartlepoolunitedfootballclub

You'd be better off keeping hold of your money and putting it towards a new football club in all honesty. If the FA and Football League could get serious about fit and proper people only being allowed to buy football clubs then that would be a good start. Dodgy people get control of a football club and ruin it...again.

Hi all,

Not sure how many have seen but our near neighbours Hartlepool have been having lots of financial difficulties recently and are in danger of going out of business.

After the help pools gave Boro in helping us stay afloat in '86 it seems a fitting time to repay the favour.

I know times are tough for lots of us but please give what you can:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savehartlepoolunitedfootballclub

All done.

It is a sad time for Pools and although I have never actually been to the ground I have always had a soft spot for them. Mainly I suppose because of their support for the Boro in our hour of need all those years ago. They are always the second team I look for when the results come up on Saturdays.

Has a young un I also did a fair bit of plastering work in the town before I moved south.

Its a pity the big 3 northeast teams cannot get together pre-season and have a competition of some kind to raise funds for Hartlepool and Darlington.Plus during the seasons allow them to use some of the youth players I am sure the kids would benefit from the experience.

Good luck with the future, hoping you survive.

For some reason the Hartlepool fans seem to hate us, I went to watch them play at home a few years ago and a massive cheer went up at half time when they announced we were getting beat.

That was followed by a couple of smaller cheers when they announced Newcastle and Sunderland were winning. I think half the town are closet Geordies and Mackems, if it was left up to their fans in 86' I think they'd have let us go bust.

I'm not really bothered what happens to them, if they go bust they'll have to start again like Darlo. Maybe the locals should support their own team rather than Newcastle and Sunderland.

From what ive heard from the fans group boro fans supporting hpool isnt going to help that much.The club is 2 mill in debt and costing upwards of 100 thou a month and the owners can no longer continue to bale them out. While i agree we cant let another ne team go under it isnt practiclable to raise the amounts required. Best thing would be for the club to go into administration, wipe debts out and start over...a few seasons ago they were debt free pushing for div 1. How lucky we are to have a chairman who ploughs his money in.

I'd cheer if Sunderland and Newcastle were getting beat but I wouldn't want the same fate of Darlo and Pools to be wished upon them. I'd rather North East football clubs were at least healthy enough to continue competing in their respective divisions.

For some reason the Hartlepool fans seem to hate us, I went to watch them play at home a few years ago and a massive cheer went up at half time when they announced we were getting beat.

That was followed by a couple of smaller cheers when they announced Newcastle and Sunderland were winning. I think half the town are closet Geordies and Mackems, if it was left up to their fans in 86' I think they'd have let us go bust.

I'm not really bothered what happens to them, if they go bust they'll have to start again like Darlo. Maybe the locals should support their own team rather than Newcastle and Sunderland.

Yeah i can well imagine they did cheer for us losing, once went to a game two years ago because we were playing away to one of the London clubs so i couldn't afford the expense at the time and they were booed at half time because it announced we were winning 1-0. I know alot of darlo fans living near barnard castle and they actually say they always look out for our results want us to do well so id much rather give it to them.

The comments are really amazing and encouraging, as for pools hating us it doesn't matter no football club should die. I'd happily go collect money with buckets for leeds, sunderland, newcastle even millwall if they needed the money to survive. No one should see their football club die.

From what ive heard from the fans group boro fans supporting hpool isnt going to help that much.The club is 2 mill in debt and costing upwards of 100 thou a month and the owners can no longer continue to bale them out. While i agree we cant let another ne team go under it isnt practiclable to raise the amounts required. Best thing would be for the club to go into administration, wipe debts out and start over...a few seasons ago they were debt free pushing for div 1. How lucky we are to have a chairman who ploughs his money in.

I don’t think the money is to save them it’s to keep them going for a while so they can find a buyer

I'd love to see Sunderland go to the wall, if I didn't have to listen to 4 thousand away fans singing songs about paedophiles for 90 minutes again I'd be delighted.

As for Hartlepool is it really the end of the world if they go bust? They'll reform again and work their way back up the pyramid (if the town is willing to support the team).

I think it would actually be quite a lot of fun watching the journey back to league football.

I'd love to see Sunderland go to the wall, if I didn't have to listen to 4 thousand away fans singing songs about paedophiles for 90 minutes again I'd be delighted.

As for Hartlepool is it really the end of the world if they go bust? They'll reform again and work their way back up the pyramid (if the town is willing to support the team).

I think it would actually be quite a lot of fun watching the journey back to league football.

Oh yeh. Couldn’t wait for us to go under in 86. Gutted when we were saved. Hated Gibson ever since :)

Oh yeh. Couldn’t wait for us to go under in 86. Gutted when we were saved. Hated Gibson ever since :)

We would have come back and been a league club again, maybe not winning a trophy or playing in Europe but we would have got back even if we had to start from scratch.

Hartlepool are in the conference already so the fall wouldn't be as great for them, I'm sure they'd make it back to conference football within a few years again. I've got a mate who supports Darlo and he's enjoying their journey back.

He probably just enjoys watching them win after the last 10-15 years. We're one tier away from being one of the top 20 ranked teams in the country. I'd rather be competing against Man United in a 35k stadium than FC United in a 3k stadium.