oneBoro Forum

Hummel - New Boro kit manufacturer

Was looking on a thread on fmttm last night (blasphemous I know), and a lot of people of there seem convinced that Hummel are going to be making our kits next year rather than adidas. Anyone heard anything? Can't say I'd be devestated to lose adidas, most of our kits with them have been rather uninspiring.

Any of you Danish members live near Aarhus and fancy popping your head in the HQ to get a sneak peak? :P

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard it from enough different sources that it's either true, or a huge echo chamber started by one person.

It makes sense - the Adidas stuff at the club shop has been reduced much more severely than I have seen in recent seasons.

Hummel makes quality sports jerseys I reckon. Played sunday league like footbal in many kits during the years :D

Would be nice with another DANISH thing in Boro, now both Fischer and Braithwaithe didn't make a serious impact.

Still nice with 2 current danish national players in the last season and a half... Been ages since Mikkel Beck was awesome in the Championship... He couldn't find the goal in the PL as far as I remember ;)

Think we'd be a bigger fish in the Hummel pond than we are in Adidas too. Might get a bit more thought into our designs as oppose to just your big-standard recreation of a catalogues design.

Retro seems to be the big thing with kits currently, so the above from DK would suit that trend.

Hummel's Spurs kits have always been on point. Always loved the little details added to the simplicity of St. Pauli's kits too.

Essentially, I'd just love a Boro kit design that you can't but off the rack for a Sunday league side...

Going back a long way to remember a spurs kit made by Hummel.. late 80's I'd have thought. Umbro after that.. then more suppliers than ive had girlfriends lol

St Pauli's strip is made by Under Armour (as was the spurs kits for a few seasons) - totally different bunch to Hummel

Going back a long way to remember a spurs kit made by Hummel.. late 80's I'd have thought. Umbro after that.. then more suppliers than ive had girlfriends lol

St Pauli's strip is made by Under Armour (as was the spurs kits for a few seasons) - totally different bunch to Hummel

Aye, St. Pauli were made by Hummel until about 2015 I think? Thought the Spurs ones were a bit later - but you're right! Until 1991.

Their current ones seem to be simple but very effective. Strasbourg, Freiburg, Valladolid. We'd be their biggest team in England, so hopefully we'd get a favourable eye...

Mentioning Under Armour though - love their kits. Wouldn't mind have them as our manufacturer ;)