• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

15290318.jpg

The signings we've made under Pulis are worse than those we made under Monk.  Discuss or don't  :)

I agree in general. Pretty much just Flint who’s had any kind of positive impact and he’s not the best anyway

15290318.jpg

The signings we've made under Pulis are worse than those we made under Monk.  Discuss or don't  :)

The signings have been dreadful for the last 5 transfer windows.

We've got 5 centre backs but no right back at the club. Friends legs have gone and we haven't replaced him.

We've got 15 centre mids but no wingers or creative players apart from Downing who hasn't got the legs to play wide anymore.

We've spent an absolute fortune on forwards and ended up with a load of tripe.

I'm finding it hard to think of many teams at our level who've wasted so much money.

15290318.jpg

The signings have been dreadful for the last 5 transfer windows.

We've got 5 centre backs but no right back at the club. Friends legs have gone and we haven't replaced him.

We've got 15 centre mids but no wingers or creative players apart from Downing who hasn't got the legs to play wide anymore.

We've spent an absolute fortune on forwards and ended up with a load of tripe.

I'm finding it hard to think of many teams at our level who've wasted so much money.

Agreed, Maybe villa in terms of wasted money.

In terms of ability, I think there's more to come from Saville and McNair (though we'll have to put the latter on the pitch to see it). Besic, when properly fit, should also get better and if he doesn't, I'm sure we won't be entering any further permanent transfer discussions with Everton. Flint is a solid defender 9 times out of 10, if not a well-balanced replacement for Gibson. Hugill is losing my patience. Jury is still out on McQueen and Batth. Include last season's signings Harrison and Cranie if we must as they don't spark a great deal of memorable moments. Flint probably stands out as the best of the signings under Pulis so far, for me (though given what we spent on him, he kind of has to be).

But if we pick out some of this season's best performers, either through individual displays in a game or collectively throughout the 12 games so far, Britt, Braithwaite, Howson, Shotton and Randolph all are right up there. Britt maybe not justifying his fee so much but the rest of them have all at least looked worth the money we spent on them, I think. Have to mention the others too but apart from Christie, it doesn't make for good reading. Johnson has never looked like a Championship player to me and a couple of decent performances in the cup is not enough to justify the price tag of Fletcher. Baker and Roberts on loan never much impressed either.

Of course, it's worth saying though that Howson and Shotton at the very least looked pretty crap under Monk. Shotton had a stinker today but has largely been very good this season. Compared to the rest of our 'less defensively minded' central-midfielders, Howson has been right up there with Wing too.

15290318.jpg

Yes they are all a lot worse, but it’s nothing new, it was the same, the season before as well.

Obviously the fact that we got relegated has a baring on this, but if you look at the stark facts:

We replaced Negredo, Ramirez, Stuani, with Britt, Braithwaite and Fletcher and De Roon with Howson, under Monk.

We replaced Bamford with Hugill, Gibson with Flint, Traore with Saville? Under Pulis.

The club’s recruitment department gets worse every year, unless of course the last 2 managers are terrible at choosing the right players.

Well first off I ain't no Besic lover or Hugill for that matter but my thoughts on both players are that they will never improve whilst they have a hole in their ass's. 

Has for the rest of the bought by Pulis brigade they knew what they were getting themselves into when they signed the paperwork (better contracts more money) and we as a club have always been suckers for wasting money and wages on medium players.

When we actually do get a player that shows promise we get rid asap we do not try to build around them. 

The latest one was Traore but the kid did the right thing he got out and will improve under the right coaching.

Really that is what it is all down to coaching our coaches are just not good enough our team go out there and are playing to their own strengths and they will not improve those strengths apart from the defensive players that is.

So unless the attacking midfielders and strikers are coached properly how are they going to get that sharpness and awareness.

If you are a forward thinking player that is soon knocked out of you when you come to the MFC.

Britass as shown is the past that he at least knows where the back of the net is with Forest and a small early period at Boro. But now he is like a chicken without a head most games yes he can hold a ball on occasions providing his head is up and he is thinking but on most occasions he is far to forward from the midfield who are to busy defending and unable to get up and support at the same time. 

He as an impossible task and spends most of his time looking at the bench for support and for Pulis to change his tactics,(which is never gonna happen.)

Yes we can say Pulis is doing what he was brought in to do but there comes a time when you have to ask when is he going to go to that next level he shored up our defence and made it solid but now he has to start looking at the other end of the pitch and putting that ball into the oppositions net, something I feeling his coaching abilities cannot do.

I'll tell you this he ain't no Jackie Charlton we all know from old how he built from the back strengthened and then moved onto the midfield and strikers.

Would I get rid of Pulis not at the moment, but if I was Gibson I would have him in the office and tell him I am not happy and want to see at least 2 decent attack minded coaches brought into the club to work with the midfield and strikers, before we spend anymore money on players.

Yes much worse under Pulis, the squad is probably one of the oldest in the league now and we’re going to be stuck with players who have little sell on value, long time in this league coming up.

Also we were far too quick to sack Monk, he showed at Leeds and is starting to show at Birmingham with his last few results that he is a good manager. We had just been relegated with a huge turnover of players. Did anyone expect that we were going to start winning straight away. He needed time and just as we were starting to pick up decent results he was sacked. Another brilliant decision by Gibson.....

again we must be one of the worst run clubs in the country right now, and Gibson continues to get away with it without being questioned

Yes much worse under Pulis, the squad is probably one of the oldest in the league now and we’re going to be stuck with players who have little sell on value, long time in this league coming up.

Also we were far too quick to sack Monk, he showed at Leeds and is starting to show at Birmingham with his last few results that he is a good manager. We had just been relegated with a huge turnover of players. Did anyone expect that we were going to start winning straight away. He needed time and just as we were starting to pick up decent results he was sacked. Another brilliant decision by Gibson.....

again we must be one of the worst run clubs in the country right now, and Gibson continues to get away with it without being questioned

Literally 100% of this post is absolute garbage.

Literally 100% of this post is absolute garbage.

Explain....

Randolph - 31

Shotton - 29

Ayala - 27

Flint - 29

Friend - 30

Besic - 26

Saville - 25

Howson - 29

Downing - 34

Braithwaite - 27

Hugill - 26

That starting line-up doesn't scream old tbf James. Looking further than that aswell you've got 25 yr old Britt, 23 yr old Mcnair, Fry is 21, Clayton 29, Gestede 29, Wing 23, Tav 19, Chapman 20 and Fletch is 23.

To say we've got one of the oldest squads in the league, which has little sell on value just isnt true I'm afraid mate. The Monk stuff is personal opinion but I don't think Monk is capable of taking 'promotion candidate' up, he's much better at clubs where the expectation is limited and there's less pressure, IMO.

Randolph - 31

Shotton - 29

Ayala - 27

Flint - 29

Friend - 30

Besic - 26

Saville - 25

Howson - 29

Downing - 34

Braithwaite - 27

Hugill - 26

That starting line-up doesn't scream old tbf James. Looking further than that aswell you've got 25 yr old Britt, 23 yr old Mcnair, Fry is 21, Clayton 29, Gestede 29, Wing 23, Tav 19, Chapman 20 and Fletch is 23.

To say we've got one of the oldest squads in the league, which has little sell on value just isnt true I'm afraid mate. The Monk stuff is personal opinion but I don't think Monk is capable of taking 'promotion candidate' up, he's much better at clubs where the expectation is limited and there's less pressure, IMO.

Won’t get back what we paid for anyone in that side minus Ayala and Friend. saville is probably worth 1/4 of what we’re gonna pay for him. After a few years in the league we’re gonna have to start selling players and I don’t see many players that we can get much for. Some players on big contracts which we will never shift

Randolph - 31

Shotton - 29

Ayala - 27

Flint - 29

Friend - 30

Besic - 26

Saville - 25

Howson - 29

Downing - 34

Braithwaite - 27

Hugill - 26

Won’t get back what we paid for anyone in that side minus Ayala and Friend. saville is probably worth 1/4 of what we’re gonna pay for him. After a few years in the league we’re gonna have to start selling players and I don’t see many players that we can get much for. Some players on big contracts which we will never shift

I agree that we're gonna lose lots of money on this squad but there's a difference between buying loads of old men and paying over the odds for younger players.

That's why I don't blame Pulis for all the transfer mistakes.

Look at our forward line:

Britt -16m I think we'd struggle to get 10m for him and he's relatively young.

Gestede - 7m, now we'd be lucky to get 3m for him.

Fletcher - same as Gestede

Braithwaite - 9m He's actually a decent player but when he goes it's gonna be to a pretty average continental club. I reckon we'll lose a couple of million on him.

Hugill - loan, I reckon he'll have cost a couple of million with the loan fee and wages.

In total our strikers will have cost over 40m and that's without factoring in wages already spent on Britt, Fletcher, Gestede and Braithwaite.

If we got rid of them all in January I think we'd be lucky to get 20m for the whole lot of them, there's a 20m loss (without the wages).

At this level a 20m loss wouldn't be catastrophic if we were getting value for money but Hugill, Fletcher and Gestede look absolutely useless. We massively overpaid for Britt and we obviously can't get the best out of him and Braithwaite.

One of those strikers was bought under Karanka when we didn't need him, 2 were bought under Monk and one was loaned by Pulis. We've been making terrible decisions for years now and I don't think you can keep blaming it all on the managers.