oneBoro Forum

Watching paint dry or watching the Boro

We need something to talk about and with that in mind I have asked OMG to get the Wednesday match thread up as soon as possible.

The lack of discussion over the last two weeks on the forum is a concern and makes me wonder what future our forum actually has moving ahead.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

We need something to talk about and with that in mind I have asked OMG to get the Wednesday match thread up as soon as possible.

The lack of discussion over the last two weeks on the forum is a concern and makes me wonder what future our forum actually has moving ahead.

Its the Pulis effect

Its the Pulis effect

Agree.

I got excited initially that we are on TV on Friday and then i remembered that the last 3 games i've seen in full were Ipswich, Bolton and Swansea.

It's becoming more of a chore to watch Boro.

This game will tell us a lot about how we are going to play for the rest of the season. We were good before the last international break but reverted to a reactionary boring style after the last break that has seen us lose a bit of momentum and put in some horrid display. We simply have to get back to our early season form where we actually looked like we wanted to win games. If we show up at Wednesday and continue with our lacklustre display from the last 5 weeks I'll be very disappointed and will lose even more faith in Pulis.

Come on guys!

This is a Captain Friendly smack in your faces!

This is MIDDLESBROUGH FC, the mighty BORO we are talking about!

Is ONE mans egoistic failures in 5-6 games (so far) where we have won a few still... really gonna make you run home to mama's skirts and cry?

You need some viking Gammel Dansk to erase those feelings, if you ask me!

I don't even LIVE in the area, but my LOVE for the Boro has NEVER changed, even though I have witnessed a few lows including relegations, Wembley loses, really bad managers, bad club descisions and a hell of a lot more!

Man up, please! (Red Rocket and Lady Spite, woman up please) !!!

The January window will come very soon, you know... So some excitement might be added to our squad.

It's ups and downs .. It's the Boro ffs .. Get through the lows and the highs feels much better ..

And I think we owe this decent forum a little more, than "running away, when things not go right after one's own head... Imagine being Sunderland right now?

UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB!!!

Its the Pulis effect

Agree.

I got excited initially that we are on TV on Friday and then i remembered that the last 3 games i've seen in full were Ipswich, Bolton and Swansea.

It's becoming more of a chore to watch Boro.

I’m with you all here. Our early form looked promising but some lacklustre displays have just made me feel a bit nonplussed really. Hopefully Tony and the lads pull something decent out of the bag on Friday and things pick up all round. For what it’s worth I still regularly browse the forum, just haven’t posted a lot because, well, it would just be repeating the same things others are saying/feeling. But all is not lost... yet!

Entertainment's a big part of football. Obviously there's love for the Boro. Obviously we're happy that we're in a good position and in contention.

Watching the football on show though is like watching paint dry. Not even a nice colour of paint. Just, beige. Beige Paint. Drying. On a plain wall.

Come on guys!

This is a Captain Friendly smack in your faces!

This is MIDDLESBROUGH FC, the mighty BORO we are talking about!

Is ONE mans egoistic failures in 5-6 games (so far) where we have won a few still... really gonna make you run home to mama's skirts and cry?

You need some viking Gammel Dansk to erase those feelings, if you ask me!

I don't even LIVE in the area, but my LOVE for the Boro has NEVER changed, even though I have witnessed a few lows including relegations, Wembley loses, really bad managers, bad club descisions and a hell of a lot more!

Man up, please! (Red Rocket and Lady Spite, woman up please) !!!

The January window will come very soon, you know... So some excitement might be added to our squad.

It's ups and downs .. It's the Boro ffs .. Get through the lows and the highs feels much better ..

And I think we owe this decent forum a little more, than "running away, when things not go right after one's own head... Imagine being Sunderland right now?

UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB UTB!!!

Bit early in the day for coke isnt it?

Entertainment's a big part of football. Obviously there's love for the Boro. Obviously we're happy that we're in a good position and in contention.

Watching the football on show though is like watching paint dry. Not even a nice colour of paint. Just, beige. Beige Paint. Drying. On a plain wall.

Exactly. I still watch and endure it because as we all do, we love the club. Just because it's not easy to watch, doesn't mean i won't watch.

I only started coming to OneBoro in Summer 2014 so can anyone tell me what it was like during the post-relegation Strachan/Mowbray era? Specifically the Strachan era since Mowbray’s reign had some real highs. People talk of apathy taking over now but surely it was even worse then, at least our attendances would suggest that’s the case...

Also I understand why people have lost interest but I’m still very much invested. Think EverTheOptimist is right in saying the lack of posts recently may just be down to the fact there’s little new content to discuss at the moment!

The lack of posts could also have something to do with positive posters get accused of being on something. Smogdane put up a positive post and that obviously means he is on coke sigh

• Like 1

The forum is great for me as its a chance to speak with other people who love Boro, not something I can really do with anyone round here apart from direct family. Personally I just feel apathetic after the last few games... could be worse, could be better... just a bit meh. Not much drama to speak of, nothing to really get excited about and want to chat about with others.

What is there left to say about the current side? We all know the strengths and weaknesses of his system and know its highly unlikely to change. I could type my thoughts for the tenth time but its just parroting myself at this point. We can probably pick the line-up and tactics already for Friday so its not much fun to even speculate at who might play or how we might approach the game...

The Norwich, Hull, and Forest games in particular really pee'd me off and made me wish I'd done something else to be brutally honest. Will be tuning in to the Sheff Wed game with a beer as always, but after recent games that buzz for a Boro match just isn't there. I'd rather watch England and I honestly never thought I would say that!!

The lack of posts could also have something to do with positive posters get accused of being on something. Smogdane put up a positive post and that obviously means he is on coke sigh

OK, so let's just ignore the fact that he went on some nonsensical tangent and accuse me of being a negative poster.

So saying "everything is great all the time" is the type of comments we are encouraging? What does that add?

Lastly, my comment was clearly tongue in cheek.